Chapter 22: Unexpected Project

"PERFORMANCE?" asked Jaebeom.

"What with sudden performance? There's no plan about that in our list," said Jinyoung while looked back at the tentative list.

"We know but let's just do it for fun. The kids will did their performance first and we can put you guys' performance at the end before the MC says the end speech. Just like two to three minutes is okay," said Haera.

"But... why us?" asked Jaebeom.

"Urmm... actually it was me and Haera's idea. I remembered that Jinyoung is good at dancing since middle school and Haera said you're doing b-boy for quite some time too. Right?" said Hanmin.

Jaebeom and Jinyoung looked at each other from head to toe without saying anything but both of them has same expression like saying, 'Is this guy really can dance?'

"So... I think we can expect a lot from both of you guys, right? Don't forget that the representatives from some companies will be there too later. They are part of the sponsors for this orphanage," said Haera.

"What? Wait... you didn't say that! I thought the audience are only the kids and our friends," said Jaebeom. "I don't want to do it."

"Me too. Also... there's only like less than 1 hour for us to discuss and practice. We're not going to embarrass ourselves and our university in front of all the representatives," said Jinyoung.

Hanmin sighed, "Well... if that's what you guys said so you guys still need to join us clean this venue after."

Jinyoung and Jaebeom then looked at Hanmin, "Is that mean if we did this performance, we don't have to clean up?"

Hanmin nodded, "Of course."

Jaebeom and Jinyoung looked around and realize how mess up the entire of that place especially after they already did a lot of activities with the kids just now.

"We're in!"

***********************

"SO what song should we use?" asked Jinyoung while scrolling his playlist in the phone.

"Whatever is fine..." Jaebeom looked at his watch, "We only have 45 minutes and we still have nothing!"

"How about Rain's song? I know all the choreo," said Jinyoung.

"I don't think Rain's song suitable for the kids," commented Jaebeom.

Jinyoung glared at Jaebeom as feeling his pride hurt when his idea got rejected but because what Jaebeom said is true he couldn't complain.

"What about DBSK?" said Jaebeom.

"Mirotic? Are you going to hurt the kids' hearing with the scream? Or the Catch Me song with that monster-like choreo? I don't think that's suitable for the kids too," commented Jinyoung.

Jaebeom glanced to him before sighed, "I'm going to say... Balloons. That's a good song for the kids and youth, right? Very suitable for everyone here."

"Balloons?" Jinyoung was trying to say anything to make Jaebeom's idea not looks great but then he also slowly realize that song is great and he has nothing to condemn, "Well... I have no objection. But how about we add another song to show off our style of dancing?"

Jaebeom was thinking before nodded, "That sounds fun. We have different style of dance so if we can have an upbeat song at the beginning, we both can like... having solo dance."

Jinyoung smiled proudly when his idea also got approval by Jaebeom, "Ah, what about the old song Deux's Turn Around Look at Me? Lately I like to dance to that song."

"Oh, really? Sometimes I use that song during b-boying too. But we need to edit the song first so we can have both song in the given time," told Jaebeom.

"Yo, Jaebeom-ah! I heard you need to perform later," Jiheon suddenly appeared.

Jaebeom smiled widely, "Yah, Yoon Jiheon! You came right at the moment. You have your laptop with you now?"

Jiheon frowned before pointed to his backpack on his shoulder, "Ohh... yeah. Why?"

"Can you please edit Deux's Turn Around Look at Me and DBSK's Balloons for us to fit it as 3 to 4 minutes period? We're going to dance using that songs later," asked Jaebeom.

"It's not a problem for me but will you guys have enough time to practice?" asked Jiheon while took out his laptop.

"We also have no idea but we need to do this anyway," said Jinyoung before he turned on the song through his phone and Jaebeom also already took out his notebook and pen.

"I think we can do some solo dance here for few seconds..." said Jaebeom while take note on which part they're going to do their own version solo dance and when they're going to dance the original choreography.

"Have you dance to these songs' original chore before?" asked Jaebeom.

Jinyoung nodded, "I think I still remember the steps. In my opinion for the Balloons song we should just follow the original choreo. What do you think?"

Jaebeom nodded, "Okay then. So we just need to have right timing for the solo dance so we can take turn doing it..."

"Okay, JJ Project! You guys need to ready at the backstage. They're going to start the opening speech," Haera suddenly appeared.

"What? We should have like... 10 minutes more before the event starts!" said Jaebeom while looked at his watch.

"And who is JJ Project?" asked Jinyoung.

"It's only 10 minutes left and we all need to get ready by now. There will be only two performance before you guys and please give the song you're going to use to the technical team. I need to stay outside as representative of university. So, good luck!" said Haera before left the room.

A second after she appeared again, "Ah, I named you guys as JJ Project in the list. A project with duo Jaebeom and Jinyoung. Perfect name isn't it? I know. Thank you!"

Jaebeom and Jinyoung left dumbfounded in that room. Jinyoung looked at Jaebeom, "Is your senior always as annoying like that everyday?"

"I'm sorry but yeah..."

"I finished edit the song Jaebeom-ah," said Jiheon while throwing the thumbdrive to Jaebeom.

"Let's go!"