Chapter 29

Ziyi's POV

„Where is she?" Xukun has been asking the same question for a few hours walking from one end of the room to another. Yanjun and I have been trying to explain that his action won't help and it would be better if he just sat on the couch and calm down. Then try to think with a clear mind but Xukun doesn't listen to us. He hardly ever listens to anyone.

"Xukun, for sake, let's just Nana be and let's think who that girl is and how to stop her. We already talked with your father and he observes medias. If she says it to the world they might believe her at first. If she won't show the proof than shame on her in the end but you will always stay with the scandal. Fans won't trust you that much. I mean some of them but still such a thing won't be good for your career," Yanjun says and Xukun rolls his eyes. I know what he is going to say.

"I don't care about my career now," he snaps back almost offended as if we didn't know there is only one thing he cares about. A person actually. Nana. We know that perfectly. But we have more things to worry about. Nana is a strong woman. Nothing bad will happen to her. I'm sure she is hurt but she probably wanted some time alone. I understand that. If she had heard everything it would be too much for her to handle. To pretend it's okay. I glance at Xukun once again but he still walks. I feel bad for him. And for Nana. For both of them. However to be honest I don't know what to feel about the situation. I don't know if I still feel angry at him or disappointed or just sad. I don't know if I reacted like that because I felt betrayed or bad for Nana whom would be hurt the most. I don't know what to feel or think anymore.

"Okay, but let's just think about something else...everyone knew you were a victim of a car accident and that you were in a hospital and all but...no one beside us knew that you have lost your memory. So the question is...how does she know?" Yanjun says and I can't help but nod. We don't know her and the rest probably too. They wouldn't be close to someone like her.

"Okay, like our group knew...me, you, Nana, Qinjia, Zeren, Justin, Zhengting, Xukun's manager, his family...even the rest of the workers don't know," I say sighing deeply. It's a good thing to finally have something to think about. Something else than Mina. I have been thinking about her a lot lately.

"Mina knew," Yanjun says as if he has read my mind. But it's not what she thinks. It wasn't her doings. I'm sure of that. But before I can rectify it Xukun opens his mouth. "Of course! It must be Mina! She's just so mean and spoiled and she does everything to hurt Nana without a reason. We must-"

"It wasn't her," I rise my voice gently. Xukun looks at me surprised. They don't say anything so I repeat more calmly. "It wasn't her."

"Ziyi, what are you saying? You know who did that?" Xukun asks but I shake my head. "I don't know. But I'm sure it wasn't Mina. She's not as bad as you think. And she has plenty of reasons to act like she does," I answer. They send me confused glances and I just wait for them to speak up.

"Ziyi...I mean...you can never be sure and we can just go and ask-"

"No, Yanjun. We won't question her about it," I rise my voice again. "Okay, Ziyi," Xukun starts irritated. "I don't know what got into you but I'm going to see her. I hope she is still at the company," Xukun says and quickly walks out. I stand up but Yanjun catches my hand.

"What are you doing? I don't care if you believe that Mina did that or not but we can't let Xukun ask her like that!" I rise my voice at Yanjun and he just nods his head. "I know. But he didn't take the keys to the car so he will come back in a second and then we come to Mina together and ask her nicely if she knows something that might be useful to us," he responds calmly and for a moment I got speechless. I haven't excepted that. But on the other hand I should know that in the end Yanjun is a quiet genius hidden behind the playfulness. He understands. By looking into his eyes I'm sometimes afraid he knows what is going inside my head and what I have been thinking about lately. I mean who I have been thinking about.