Chapter 14

Ziyi's POV

"What do you mean? Xukun and his lover?" I ask trying hard to control the anger that waits impatiently to come out. I can't think clearly because the only pictures that appears in my mind is Xukun cheating on Nana. I can help but think that this girl wasn't the only one.

"I mean Xukun and his lover...and now excuse me, I have things to do. Besides I don't think you want me to tell my father how rude you were to me just now," Mina says getting away from my grip proudly and walks away. I was left alone with the photo in my hand. It has got crumpled because of me squeezing.

I sigh deeply and laugh bitterly as I can feel tears of anger falling down my cheeks. If I had known from the beginning he would do something like that I wouldn't have given up on Nana. I wouldn't have let him love her even because he doesn't deserve to even think of her now. What's more he doesn't deserve the love she has for him. These sacrifices she made just to be with him. The times she was tired and still took care for him. Even now...she is the one who suffers the most. She doesn't deserve it. She hasn't done anything wrong yet her whole world has turned upside down again.

Life can be really unfair.

I want to punch something now really hard but I shouldn't do this now and I shouldn't make a scene in here. I need to calm down first.

"Ziyi!" Yanjun yells happily and I wipe the left tears from my face. He can't see me like that because I can't explain to him why. I can't tell him what I feel about Nana. "What is it?" he asks as he comes closer and notices the photo in my had.

But before I can answer another voice speaks up. "What is what?"

"Qinjia, what are you doing here?" Yanjun asks confused but happy to see her partner in crime. "Zeren has come back so I hope I can say hello," the girl explains coming closer to me. She takes away the photo from my hand harshly and her eyes go wide as if she saw a ghost. "Explain," she demands firmly and it's hard to say if she is angry, hurt or surprised. Or maybe all at once.

"Mina was here. She was going to give it to Nana but I managed to stop her. She said it's Xukun and his lover," I explain trying to keep my hands in one place. My tone is as calm as always when I say this even though I feel bombs of disappointment and anger exploding inside of me.

"No...he wouldn't do that, Ziyi. You can't trust Mina...he wouldn't that to her. He loved her too much," Yanjun states shaking his head and I can tell he deeply believes in what he says.

"Until today I also thought so," declare quietly running my hand through my hair. Qinjia stays quiet as if she was wondering which side she should take. I can't tell what is going on inside her head right now. She loves Nana like a sister and Xukun like a brother.

"Guys, let's not jump into a conclusion, okay. We should remember how many times Mina has lied. We all know being honest is not her strong side. But acting on the other hand is so...we should check if this photo is actually real first. And calm down. It's just a big misunderstanding," Yanjun says and my mind gets clear again. Maybe he is right and I just got angry without a reason? I should have known Mina is Mina...and I'm afraid I got into her trap even though I was trying not to so hard. It took her only one sentence to manipulate me like that.

Maybe she didn't come to see Nana in the first place. What if she wants to get in between me and Xukun this time but if yes...how did she know it would affect me so much? Does she notice I like Nana more than just a friend? But it's impossible...

"You're right," Qinjia says weakly nodding her head. "Call me if something comes up. I'll go to look for Zeren," she adds and walks away slowly with her head hanging low. I guess she is disappointed too.