Chapter 2

Xukun's POV

"And who is this pretty lady next to you? You're girlfriend?" I ask my beloved friend as the girl seems somehow familiar. The doctor has already told me what happened and I'm slowly regaining my memory but there's still a lot of missing parts inside my head. Doctor has said that some of my memories might be never brought back. On the one hand, I try to find some positives because probably I will never remember some of the embarrassing moments from my past but on the other hand...there are be so many beautiful memories or people I might never recall.

And judging by the disappointed face of this brunette beauty she is the first person erased from my memory. I didn't want to hurt her by that question but unfortunately I did. Really hard I guess.

"Xukun...she is-"

"One of your friends. And I also help you with songs and make choreographies for you. My name is Nana," the girl cuts Ziyi off smiling brightly at me. Her precious smile makes the corners of my mouth go up unconsciously even though I can see the pain in her eyes. So I guess it's my partner and dance teacher. However she seems to like me a lot. "And answering your question, no, I'm not his girlfriend," she adds bitting her lip lightly and I can do nothing but stare at her mouth. That small movement was so mesmerising that I lost myself for a second.

"I'm so sorry...I just-...I don't know..I'm-" I try to somehow explain myself as I feel really stupid that I couldn't remember someone I had spend so much time with and I am afraid who else I also don't remember. The doctor said something about a father...but I don't remember having a father at all.

"I know...it's okay. It's totally normal. I mean not really but I can understand that it is not your fault. Don't worry. Step by step you will gain your memory back hopefully," she states with a soft smile remaining on her face like a tattoo. Ziyi on the other hand looks even more confused than I do.

"Ziyi, buddy, why are looking like that? Are you that surprised to see me glued to the hospital bed?" I joke but his expression doesn't change even a bit. His brows furrows, lost eyes wander around the floor. It's not the Ziyi that I remember.

"Sorry I guess..." he looks at Nana with the gaze I can't read and continues. "I'm just shocked, you know. I've never been so worried about you."

"Oh okay, bro, stop it here. You're getting to touchy, you know," I reply. Ziyi is one hundred stoic person and I've never seen him so affected by anything. "Is there something you aren't telling me?" I ask feeling that something is off. "Oh and by the way where is my mom? Because I don't really get why some 'father' is here...Ziyi, you know I don't have one. What is going on?"

They look at each other terrified as if I had predicted their death while I just ask a simple question. Nana sits down next to me hesitantly taking my hand into hers. Even though it's cold as ice somewhat I feel hot inside as if she was emitting some warmth from the inside. It feels so right as if her slim palm was made for mine.

"Xukun..." she starts softly. "Your mom...she...she has been dead for five years already."

Nana's POV

"Why didn't you tell him the truth?" Qinjia asks as we all sit down in my apartment. Mr. Fan is with Xukun and tells him the story to trigger his memory a bit. And he will be the last person that will visit him today because it can be too tiring for him. Too much to bear for one day.

"I just couldn't. I...I don't want to force him to love me. He had no clue who I am. He doesn't remember me at all. How was I supposed to tell him that I...the girl he sees for the first time actually has been his girlfriend for three years," I answer looking down at the floor. It is only half of the truth but how can I say it out loud in front of everyone. I glance up for the rest and they stares at me back as if they knew I am hiding something.