Chapter 32

Nana’s POV

“Nana…I must admit it was a smart move but I guess clever mind is what we have in our genes,” the girl says with a smile on her face. She sits on a chair a bit disgusted and I can’t blame her for that. This place indeed is quite disgusting but it’s cheap.

“Mina?” I ask surprised. How did she find me? And why?

“You look nice in that new colour. It suits you. You look more gentle now,” Mina says quite sincerely. It’s true I dyed my hair. Now it’s coffee with milk colour. I always wanted to try this colour on. I wanted to look a bit different too but I guess it doesn’t work since Xukun recognised me.
“How did you find me?” I ask. Why did she even bother?

“I told you we have our cleverness in genes,” she says again taking me aback. She doesn’t seem to be ill admitting our blood relation. “At first I wanted to get rid of that con for you. Then I started looking for your location and at first I couldn’t figure out where you would go but then I fought of the places you know. And I remembered this place. I fought it would be perfect. Not too far and not too close to us. Obvious but at the same time not that obvious,”

“Wait. From the beginning…what con?” I ask not understanding what she talks about. I feel as if I was gone for a few years not few days. As if I had changed the dimension. 

“Xukun hasn’t cheated. At least with that girl. She isn’t pregnant with Xukun. It’s impossible since they were in two different places,” she explains shortly but I try to stay calm. Can I trust her?

“How can I know it’s another joke of yours?” I question hesitantly.

“The police has taken her today. She knew about Xukun condition because she checked his record while she was working as a cleaner in the hospital. And then she come up with the plan. What she hasn’t expected that I have my sources and that Xukun actually remembers everything now. You will find everything in the news tomorrow. I made sure your loved one would look good,” Mina says looking at me into the eyes. She is not lying.

“He remembers?” I say more to myself but loud enough for Mina to hear. Of course I expected that but now I feel more strange.

“Of course he does. Don’t be surprised. You were suspecting it, weren’t you?”  I look at her taken aback by her knowledge.

“Yeah…I did. But why did you come here in person?” I ask still not understanding her motives.

“Xukun wouldn’t trust me enough I’m afraid. The only person that would come is Ziyi but you wouldn’t believe him because you would fought he is trying to trick you to come back. Then you would run away again. Now if you believe me you will come out today and even if you don’t believe in my good intentions you will stay here. Why? Because if I lied and wanted you all to feel bad I wouldn’t tell anyone about your location so you would still feel safe, wouldn’t you?”

I sit speechless looking at her shocked. Am I that easy to read. “You didn’t seem to be so smart at school,” the words split out of my mouth unconsciously. Mina chuckles softly and looks away as her smile slowly disappears. Now I see someone I haven’t seen before. As if Mina turned into completely another person.

“Because I didn’t want to. I mean I couldn’t,” she says sadly. “My mother was always telling me that I have to be pretty not smart. So that what I was doing. I dated Chengcheng because my mother wanted me to since his father is a big fish after all. But I admit I liked him in some way,” she confesses. I somehow feel bad for her. But that would explain a lot.

“I guess we were both rose by women that didn’t understand us,” I comment. I don’t know why I suddenly feel a strange connection with Mina. Even though she might be lying right now but I don’t think she does.