Chapter 15

Xukun's POV

I wait for Chengcheng sipping my juice. The doctor said that I shouldn't drink alcohol for now so that is the only thing I can take. I meet him in the bar near the road since it's the best option for both of us because there is not many people there and we both have the same distance to travel. It's just fair to say it shortly.

"Hi, Xukun," Chengcheng says hesitantly and I look up at him. His hair is styled nicely and his perfume hits my nose in instant. The familiar scent connotes some memories.

"Something wrong, Cheng?"

"Stay away from Nana."

"What if I don't want to?"

"Something's wrong?"

"Listen stop your stupid games."

"Who's playing games here, Chengcheng?"

"What's your point Xukun?"

"Tell me Chengcheng, what do you like? Her...or her attention? Or the better question would be...you like her...or you don't like me? Didn't you ask her out to piss me off?"

"What I did back then doesn't matter anymore. Maybe you're right...but what counts the most is that I fell for her. And I don't want to lose her."

"Don't you think it's too late now?"

"You okay?" he asks a bit confused and nervous because I haven't said anything. He has already sat down on a chair next me and I can see a glass with some colorful liquid in his hand.

"Yeah...I'm sorry...I just- remembered something. They just pop out randomly out of nowhere from time to time so don't mind me if I doze off suddenly," I explain and I feel so stupid because of that. I guess it must be so uncomfortable for him just like it is for me.

"No problem...and I'm sorry my time is limited because you know, I had some work and I had to pick up my girlfriend-"

"You don't have to explain yourself. I'm your stepbrother not your boss so you can just chill and enjoy your drink," I cut him off trying to ease the tension he obviously feels. "I'm glad you met with me anyway...I heard it wasn't that good between us and from some parts of the memories I've recalled we always fought," I say chuckling under my breath.

"That's true. I don't really remember us talking casually," Chengcheng adds focusing on the drink in his hand.

"I wanted to meet you so...I can get to know you better," I say smiling brightly. And we start chatting about random everyday stuff as some kind of a warm up. I don't want to be too straightforward. In the meantime I learn we have a lot in common. For example we both like basketball however we have never played before.

I actually enjoy our small talk but the clock is ticking and there are more important things to talk about. "What can you tell me about your high school times though? And how you ended up where you are?" I ask since he hasn't talked much about that and I guess these might be a sensitive topics for him. And the ones that are important for me.

The boy sighs deeply but neither way he opens his mouth and speaks up. "You know...to be honest even though my parents were always rich and all...I wasn't that confident about myself. But I liked music and quite dancing so our dad encouraged me to join the company. I was training since I was a small kid actually."