Chapter 8

Ziyi's POV

"Ziyi...you were great! I mean when you hugged Nana and Xukun saw it...He was jealous. Just like the old times my friend. You can only regret that you haven't seen his face. I wonder when he will finally admit that he likes her," Yanjun says and I just nod my head as we sit down on a couch in Yanjun's house. I had no idea that Xukun saw me yesterday. I guess this is why he was so distant as if he didn't trust me.

I cannot say it didn't hurt a bit. He is my friend after all. My best friend. I have sacrificed so many things for him. But he doesn't even know.

"I don't want him to think I am in love with Nana," I confess sighing deeply. I'm afraid that Yanjun put his mind to something again.

"Why not? Look...last time it was Chengcheng. Now we can't get him but maybe with another person it will work the same," he exclaims happily smiling proudly.

"But the difference is that back then Nana thought that she liked Chengcheng...and what is more Chengcheng was a stranger. I am his best friend. He is like a brother to me and this is a totally different thing. I don't want to lose what we have just because of a girl..." I trail off looking down and my hands. I play with my fingers nervously as I think of bad consequences that would happen if I listened to Yanjun.

"But it'll be all pretended...after everything you tell him it was all an act and done," boy explains and I shake my head. He hasn't thought about one important detale.

"And what about Nana?" I ask knowing he is not able to answer the question. As I expected Yanjun looks at me confused trying to understand what I mean. "If we tell her that, she won't like it at all. Beside I know she is strong and maybe she would be able to play along but I don't think adding her things to do is a good idea. It's all already hard for her."

"We don't have to tell her, do we?" Yanjun questions shaking his head as if it wasn't a big deal.

"No, Yanjun. If we don't tell her, we will be playing with her feelings. Do you think she needs it now? Someone else who would show her affection and play with her feelings? It will get only harder for her...and we should make it easier. So we're going to stick to Qinjia's plan," I declare staring right into Yanjun's eyes.

We knock onto Qinjia's door and she opens them not really pleased with our arrival. Her tired eyes say everything. We just waste her precious time of sleep. I hope after hearing us out she would be glad we came. Nonetheless we could just come tomorrow but Yanjun is so stubborn.

"I hope it is something important. I have to get up early tomorrow," she says with a hint of annoyance in her voice and I can't blame her. She could have just let us stand in front of her door forever but she decided to meet us anyway. Maybe not decided but she was just forced...by Yanjun of course.

"It's about Nana," I say firmly before Yanjun can start his long monologue no one wants to hear. Qinjia let us sit on the couch while she takes a seat on the armchair in front of us.

"She was drunk, wasn't she?" the girl just asks making herself sure and we just nod our heads. The girl sighs deeply touching her forehead with her hands.

"I shouldn't have gone to work I should have been with her and don't let-"

"Don't blame yourself. It's not you fault, Qinjia," I cut her off shaking my head. This girl should just chill sometimes. It is cute and precious that she cares and worries a lot about everyone. But she should know that she cannot be always for everyone. And everyone knows that. It wouldn't change anything. "Nana would drink anyway, so, please, don't blame yourself. She will somehow come back to herself but we must let her pull her emotions out," I add.