Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Nana's POV

"So you're saying that you kissed Xukun on my birthday and you pretend that you don't remember even though everyone knows that you always remember everything after drinking and there is a chance that Xukun also has recalled this fact already and you still lied like that?" Qnijia says as I finish my meal. It sounds horrible and at least stupid but it's the truth.

"Yes," I answer simply. The girl shakes her head in disbelief. A deep sigh leaves her mouth as she tries to find adequate words to say how she feels about it. But I'm aware of that. "I know," I reassure her.

"But what if he really remembers more than he tells us? Like he actually acts like old Xukun now. The only difference is that you're not officially together. That's so messed up," Qinjia comments and I can't disagree with her. What she says is completely what I have been thinking about lately.

"I don't think there is a way to make it worse. I'm in a deep shit. I don't know how I will come out but one day I will have to unfortunately. It will be the hardest part of it all. Maybe it's not perfect now but quite stable. Quite..." I respond sighing deeply. I also tell Qinjia about everything that was bothering me before her birthday. About my practises with Xukun. It's good to finally share it with someone.

"He loves you, you know that?" Qinjia asks and I look at her confused. My heart beats rapidly as I think about it. It is all I want after all. But is it really possible? That fast?

"How can you be sure?" I ask her gaining a chuckle from her. She shakes her head with a soft smile on her face. "Because I have eyes," she responds shortly.

"But they don't work too well though," I say and the girl corrects the glasses she wears. She clears her throat proudly as she sends me a murderous glare. "But with glasses I see perfectly so I know he loves you because I have eyes and glasses," she replies and I can't help but smile nonetheless.

"What do you mean? Maybe he just plays to...I don't...maybe it is his way to find out the truth or maybe it's a revenge! Man I haven't thought of that! What if he has recalled everything and now he wants to take a revenge because of our lies," I say as the thought hit my mind.

"Do you really believe that?" Qinjia asks in disbelief and I know that my theory is a complete absurd.

"No," I answer simply. "Nana...there are some things you can't fake. You said yourself once that eyes never lie that's why you know when someone is lying. You know that but you're afraid to believe it because you're afraid you will end up disappointed and hurt."

I look at her surprise. Sometimes I don't know how to react to her accurate statements. This is the thing I love about her. She tells the right things at the right time but at the same time she doesn't judge. She is just with me whatever I tell her. This is this kind of a friend everyone needs I guess but not everyone is lucky enough to have.

"So what are we going to do now, Qinjia?" I ask resigned watching the girl. I still don't know how to get out of this.

"We? I don't know about you but I have to come back to work," she responds getting up from her seat as I stare at her in disbelief. When she got so smart in talking? That's not what I meant and she perfectly knows that. When our conversation stopped being serious?

I stand up shortly after and come after her. I can help but chuckle slightly as I have never been so shocked because of Qinjia's attitude. I wasn't even so surprised the first time she suddenly started crying after drinking. She was so happy and then out of nowhere her face was covered with tears of sadness. I will never forget that moment and now I have something new to reminisce.