Chapter Six

~Dreaming~ (Cw: Bite of 83*)

It was Chris's birthday today. He didn't want to go to Freddy Fazbear's but he was forced to by his parents. There he was just sitting at one of the tables quietly trying not to draw attention to himself.

"Hey, Chris."

"Hey."

Elizabeth knew that he wasn't having a good time so she thought of something.

"How about we go to play some games over there. Is that fine with you?"

"Really? Sure."

"Great! Let's go."

Elizabeth grabbed his hand and lead him to the video games section. Away from everyone including his brother and his friends. He was lucky enough to win a stuffed bear that was apparently Golden Freddy. They were ready to play another game until four people came up to them with the Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, and foxy masks on. That was them.

"Hey, loser! Happy Birthday!

"Terence stop," Chris said.

"Yeah, Terence stop! He's gonna cry!" The one wearing the Freddy mask mocked.

"You're freaking me out Terence...I'll tell mom."

"If you want to keep that stupid bear you won't tell mom shit!"

Chris started shaking at the cold words that never left him.

"You guys are such bullies. Seriously?! Back off it's Chris's birthday!"

"Can it you little bitch! I can't believe you need a girl to defend you, Chris." The one with the Chica mask hissed.

"Wow, your brother is kind of a baby isn't he?" The one as Bonnie said.

"It's hilarious, let's help him get a closer look. He'll love it!" His brother said before picking him up from under his arms as Chris squirmed in his grip.p

"No please-"

"Come on guys, let's give the little man a lift! He wants to get up close in person."

"No, I don't wanna go!" Chris whimpered.

"You heard the little man he wants to get even closer!"

Michael and the others ignored the warning's from the guards as they shoved Chris went closer to the robot.

"Hey, guys. I think he wants to give Fredbear a big kiss! On three."

They partially put him inside the robot's mouth headfirst. Tears poured effortlessly from his eyes as they began counting from three.

"One...two...three-"

"Please Terrance I'm scared!-"

His plea was cut off by a heart-stopping crunch that crushed through his skull and some of his upper bones...all that he remembers is blacking out and people shouting his name in fear that he was actually dead.

~Reality~

"Michael!" Chris shouted at the top of his lungs as he shot up from his bed.

Chris was trembling horribly and curled in on himself mumbling things to himself. He could've died that day. Until one of the guards noticed what was happening and split them up and took him and Elizabeth to their mother for comfort. So his nightmares are mostly about what could've happened if that person never came to stop Michael. The only reason he called him Terrance is because it was a nickname for him. These days he calls him Michael. The night after his birthday Michael died from 'natural causes' (You know what I mean) ever since his death he thinks it was his fault even if he didn't do anything wrong. It's been three years since his family died. Nightmare was talking to Cross when he heard him from upstairs.

"I'll be back..." Nightmare said before teleporting to Chris's door.

Then he heard heavy sobbing from his room. Then he entered the room slowly before shutting it. Chris never looked up at who entered but he could feel their presence by the bed. Nightmare was sitting next to Chris on his bed. Chris then looks at Nightmare with his terrified eyes before clinging onto him for comfort and buried his face into his chest hoping the pain of that day could just fade away. If only that it was that simple. Nightmare didn't create his night terrors. That's what made him different. Most of all he was surprised the Dream never gave the boy good dreams to have for once. Because he couldn't. His nightmares are based on bad memories and what could've happened to him. So there wasn't a way that he could change them without coming into the Dream himself. Nightmare then took him in his arms and rubbed circles in his back to ease him.

"Shh...it's alright. You're safe." Nightmare said calmly.

Chris looked up at him now calmer than before.

"I'm s-sorry..."

"Sorry? For what? You didn't do anything wrong dear."

"I-I'm sorry that y-you have to t-take care of m-me."

Nightmare sighed knowing that this would happen eventually. He could feel Chris trembling still.

"Chris...I chose to be your guardian all I want you to be is safe."

"But why me? I don't deserve it."

"Yes, you do my boy. You'll see soon enough. Would you like to talk about the dream you had?"

"N-not really...I just miss him that's all."

"Miss who?"

Chris then realized what just came out of his mouth.

"N-nothing! It's...nothing."

"Chris I might not know you well but you're obliviously lying."

"I-...fine it's my brother my older brother. Can we please stop talking about him?"

"Fine. You can talk about it when you're ready."

He just nodded and buried his face in Nightmare's chest once more. Getting comfortable in his arms.

"Warm..." Chris mumbled to himself causing Nightmare to smile fondly at him.

They passed out and Chris's nightmare didn't come back that night. Nightmare woke up the next day and found himself in Chris's bed and saw Chris fast asleep right next to him and turned to the other side. He got up from the bed and went over to the door and opened it.

"Sweet dreams my son." Nightmare said sweetly before closing the door.

Dream on the other hand was talking to Ink about what happened the day before.

"Did you sense any emotions from his Dream?"

"Well earlier I sensed fear then once he went into the room I sensed his anger towards me mostly."

"That's...strange. Why would he have a human child?"

"Maybe as a power source?"

"He does feed off of other's fear does he not?"

"Stars...if that's true then why did he defend my brother?"

"Brainwashing."

"Ink what should we do?"

"Don't worry about it Dream I have a plan that might work."

"If you say so. Just let me know if you're ready."

"Will do."

 Dream left Ink to think about his plan in silence.