Chapter Eight

Chris woke up the next day and gotten ready for the day. It's been a week already and Cross said he wanted to take him out to see different AU's and promised Nightmare that he won't run into a Sans or Papyrus in the AU's. Even though he wasn't sure if he could stop him from running into one accidentally. Chris put on a black and grey striped hoodie and black jeans to go with it. He soon went downstairs and went to get some healing items since it might be 'dangerous'. He got down from the counter and went to meet Cross in the living room. By the looks of it, it looked like he was pacing back a fourth until he saw Chris.

"Hey kid, you ready?"

"Yeah, where are we going first?"

"Well, has boss told you about the classic timeline?"

"Yeah, are we going there?"

"Yup. Just put your hood on so they won't think you're a wondering human."

He pulled up his hood over his face and was ready to see the classic timeline. He grabbed onto Cross's boney hand and went into a portal to the classic timeline. They arrived in a snowy area just in front of classic's sentry station.

"Don't wander far from me and I'll show you around this first one."

Chris nodded and followed Cross through Snowdin. Then they had been caught by the classic Papyrus.

"Hello, you two don't seem like you're around here. Are you new around here?"

"Shit- umm...look there's a human over there!" Cross said blocking Chris from Papyrus's view.

"Where!" He said with excitement before looking behind him.

Before Chris could admit he was human Cross dragged Chris away from Papyrus and started running for it.

"Wait come back!" Papyrus cried out for them.

Once they lost him in the fog they ended up in waterfall.

"Why did we run? He was nice."

"Let's just say if he saw you he'd get over-excited and try to capture you with 'puzzles'. Frankly, I don't think we have time for that do we?"

"I guess you're right. What is this place? It's pretty."

"Oh, this. This place is called Waterfall. It's where most find the most peaceful besides Undyne."

"Who's that?"

"One of the top royal guards here. She's probably the third well-known person in this place."

"Really who's the other two?"

"Their king, and Mettaton."

"You mean that robot that has its own channel?"

"That's the one alright."

"Interesting,"

They go through the underground without confronting anyone important. On their way, Chris found the real knife and decided to keep it for himself. After that went to the next universe Underfell.

"Keep that knife in hand you'll need it. These monsters are different from the ones from before."

He just hummed and put it in his pocket for safekeeping. He didn't really lose health in the first one. Now he was terrified of what these people were like. They walked through UF Papyrus's traps with success. Until they saw him on patrol.

"Chris. This Papyrus will kill you or take you to someone who will so no messing around alright just stay behind me."

"I will."

Chris followed Cross right behind him as they tried and failed once more to get by him.

"Stop right here brother," Edge said now standing in front of him.

"I'm not you're brother. I just came to tell you that he's sleeping at his station."

"Oh, I'll have to wake the sorry bastard up. Stay there I'll be back."

Once Edge left Cross teleported to their shop.

"I thought he said-"

"Shh, innocent child. Anything's legal when the cops aren't around."

Chris stifled his laugh as he and Cross entered the store.

"Yes, how may I help you today?"

"Can I get two chocolate bars please?"

"Sure thing here ya go."

"Thanks. Let's go kid."

Once they left Cross handed him the chocolate bar and started to walk to their tree.

"Here."

"Oh, thanks, Cross," Chris said with a smile.

"No problem."

'Cross you're boring.'

"No, you're boring."

"Who are you talking to?"

Cross shook his head and took a bite out of his chocolate.

"It's no one don't worry about it."

Chris wanted to know but he didn't want to pry into it so he dropped the subject completely. Chris was about done with food before they heard a shout from afar.

"There you are! You are now hereby arrested for not listening to my orders!" Edge shouted getting closer to their location.

Cross made a portal to the castle and pushed Chris into it and then he went inside of it as well.

"You won't get away-!"

He was cut off with the portal closing in on itself.

"Eh, it was another genocide route anyways," Cross said shrugging his shoulders.

Chris questioned how they keep on getting caught by their Papyrus and not by a Sans. Maybe they were at home? He settled with not knowing at all.

"That's enough for one day don't you think?"

"I think so, did we make him mad at us?"

"Yeah, but he won't remember us so we're fine."

"Oh, alright."

We stood there in awkward silence until Nightmare came into the living room to find them there.

"So how was your trip boys?" Nightmare said suspiciously.

"It was quite fun actually!" Chris said.

"Oh, really? Did you meet anyone there?"

"Just a couple of monsters but no one important really."

"Alright then. Cross you can leave now I have to talk to him"

"Ok, see ya boss."

After Cross left Chris looked at Nightmare in question.

"Chris. I want you up and early tomorrow morning we're going to get rid of a copy. Is that fine with you?"

"Yeah, but can I explore the places when you do?"

"Um...sure just stay in the areas that were in and don't wander far then you'll be fine."

"Ok."

"Besides that, you should probably eat some dinner it's on the stove."

"Ok."

Chris left the room and went to get some dinner. The aroma wasn't bad so it means that it was something edible. He saw some food cooked on the stove and has gotten himself some of it. He never really ate much so he didn't grab much of it. He ate it all in the kitchen so he wouldn't have to eat at the table. He never really preferred it away way. Once he scarfed down his food he put the dish in the sink and went to his room. He gotten changed and put the knife in one of his drawers for tomorrow. He then stumbled onto his bed and almost immediately passed out into a dreamless sleep.