Chapter Seventeen

Chris's eyes shot open as he sat up quickly in his bed. He felt something in his right fist so he took his hand out and opened his fist to find the charm still in his hands. He was shocked because it was attached to a necklace already. He got up, feeling better than the day before, and got ready for the day just like any other. Once he was ready he clipped on the necklace and hid it under his sweatshirt so no one could see it. He got his phone out and saw a text from Delilah.

Delilah: Heya Chris you free today?

He texted back quickly since he just saw it.

Chris: Yeah, why?

...

Delilah: Well, I'm sorta bored and I wanted to know if you wanna hang out?

Chris: Yeah sure! Where do you wanna meet at?

Delilah: How about in front of that forest we saw yesterday?

...

Chris: Yeah sure! See ya then.

Delilah: See ya then.

He turned off his phone and grabbed his bag prepared for the adventure. He left a note saying that he'll be gone for a bit, he didn't say where because he didn't want Nightmare to send anyone to spy on them. That's right, he knew they were watching him since he focused on the patterns and times they did so, hidden or not. No one was around so he just decided to leave on his own he did know where to go after all. Once he closed the back door he made a run for it. He didn't know how much time it would take for her to show up but he didn't want to be late. He ran through the light side of the forest since it was the easier path to take. To be honest he's never been to the darker side of the forest except when he tried to escape Dust, Killer, and Horror. Chris asked Nightmare about the forest and all he said was that it was dangerous the deeper that a person goes. Luckily, he was always careful and always carried his knife with him for self-defense mostly. He soon made it out of the forest and stopped for air. Delila just arrived and saw Chris already there.

"Chris! You're already here!"

"Yup, sure am."

"Huh, strange. Do you live in the forest or something?" Delilah questioned.

Chris laughed softly thinking it was a joke.

"Well. I do for the most part, but I have a home there."

"Really!?! Can we go there?!"

Chris's eyes widened at her question. The others don't even know about Delilah. They might try to harm her if they see her around in the castle. He didn't want to risk it. No. It's for her safety and his as well.

"Sorry, Delilah. Maybe another time!"

"Aw, alright. Do you wanna explore the forest at least?"

He didn't want to seem like a coward so he reluctantly answered.

"Y-yeah sure!"

"Ok then, just don't grow chicken on me then it'll be fine." She said with a smirk.

"Don't worry I won't, maybe you will instead!"

"Race you there then!"

Before he could object she took off.