Chapter Thirty-One

As he said that he lit up some sparks and aimed them at her. Nightmare was behind Dust and Killer and watched them fight from a distance. Delilah dodged his attack as they were close to hitting her. Chris was getting irritated and took out his twin daggers he traded his scythe for them for double the damage. He wanted to go easy on her but it looked like it was all or nothing for them. Delilah swings her hips as she continues dodging his attacks. She's trying to wear him out. So she can strike. It was working so far. She scatters some of her cards on the ground below him. Just so he could step on one by accident. Nightmare was disappointed by how raw and unprofessional Chris's strikes became. They were looser and uncontrolled. Was he really that desperate? He didn't know. Nightmare didn't want Chris to get killed or severely injured so enough was enough. As soon as he saw a yellow pistol in her hand he wrapped one of his tentacles around his waist and used another to block the bullets that were shot. It was the soul of Justice that had it before her. Ink just created one with bullets for her. Impossible to dodge Chris's shock.

"Just leave me alone already?! You were supposed to be dead!"

"I'm not going anywhere!" She said shooting another one.

Before he could say anything else Nightmare made his way in front of him.

"That's enough! Both of you."

As Nightmare said that he glared daggers at Delilah as the stars arrive behind her.

"What's going on here?!" Dream said coming over to Delilah.

"We were just leaving that's what." Nightmare hissed.

Chris's mind was nothing but a blur.

'I'm fucking dead.'

He just stood there disappointed in himself. Also wondering how Delilah was even alive. He shattered her soul and Nightmare was a witness to it all. So how? How the fuck was she still alive?

"You are aware of the fact that Delilah almost died yes?" Dream asked in a suspicious tone.

"Yes, but I don't have the energy to care about your little accidents." Nightmare comments slyly

"I wouldn't call the attack an accident. Admit it. It's all just a little game for you isn't it!"

"Don't accuse me of something I've always known. That's just rude, and just not necessary."

"Then what is all of this? What are you doing this for?!"

"It's not what you expect. You know I'm not always the bad guy."

"Who said that you were?"

"You did. And I wouldn't blame you for it either."

"Alright, this is getting out of hand."

"You can say that again."

"What are you talking about?!" Chris and Delilah said in unison.

"It's something you'll both realize when you're older. Nothing much to worry about now I suppose."

Nightmare opened the portal and ordered his crew to go through it and they did. Except for Chris.

"What is it?"

"What?"

"What are you hiding? Why won't you say it already?! What's stopping you father?"

"If I say it, destiny wouldn't happen. Now would it?"

"Wait, father!? Chris don't tell me that you call him that now!"

"I call him by that because it's more appropriate for me to do so. Not like you care!" 

"Yeah sure. He probably told you to kill me too didn't he?!"

"That's none of your concern. You're lucky you survived you know."

"Is that your way to tell me that I beat you at living?"

"We'll see about that."

"I bet we will. Lantern rise!"

"Not this again!" Delilah groaned getting her pistol out.

"I'm doing it because you hate it!"

"What am I supposed to say?! Ohh! I love it sooo much after I got impaled by it!"

"Sarcasm isn't going to help you in this case! I will get you this time!"

Chris took out his twin daggers again and blocked the bullets. Lantern stayed by his side the whole time. Delilah shot her third bullet and it hit him in the leg making him fall onto his other knee.

"Give up?"

"Never. Lantern attack for me!"

She did as told and went after Delilah as she tried to shoot at it. What she didn't know was that Lantern was just a shadow. She can't be destroyed with weapons. Chris quickly healed up and took Lantern's place. He threw one of the twin daggers while she wasn't looking. Then she caught it with her free hand.

"Play dirty now, aren't we? Fine. Catch this!"

She put some force in her power to control the dagger to go in his direction. He gasped as he lit another spark and threw it in the way of the dagger. Making them collide it just stopped and fell into the snow. Chris was tired. Very tired. If he could he would curl up in the snow and pass out then and there. But he couldn't. It would be admitting defeat.

"L-look. If you keep pushing me, I'll use my special attack. You'll see. So let's just stop now, Ok?"

"Special attack? Come on, you're already tired. I can see you shaking. Admit it. You're tired, you lost."

"S-shut up. I might be tired but it doesn't matter now! Good luck surviving this!"

Chris backed up and started to create random sparks and quickly threw each of them in her direction. With little to no time to dodge each of them. Delilah managed to dodge and block most of them but she couldn't keep it up for long. Delilah threw out her cards yet none of them were able to hit him. For the final part of Chris's special attack, he created more sparks and merged them into one giant one, and aimed the abomination toward her direction. Delilah's eyes widened is this what Chris has been working himself up to all this time? She couldn't say that she wasn't impressed by this, yet something that could drive her further to the dirt. With everything Chris has thrown at her, Delilah manages to survive his attack as a whole. Chris on the other hand was impressed and extremely tired. He gave in and slumped onto his knees, breathing heavily.

"Hm, that took longer than I thought, didn't it? It's alright, you're lucky that I'm even sparing you because I don't have the heart to kill you like you almost did to me."

She turns around to head in the opposite direction of him. Until something stopped her from walking away.

"I-I'm sorry."

It was nothing but his honey-like voice causing her to stop dead in her tracks. The voice felt so smooth and full of clarity when it comes down. That same voice drew her in deeper. All she did at the moment was clenched her fists lightly.

"Sorry? I'm aware of that by now. You have to be more specific."

"For everything."

"You shouldn't be sorry for shit that was in the past. There's still a chance you can change the future. That's if, you actually try of course.