Chapter Thirteen

(TW: Description of suicide.)

Chris opened his bag and took out the bear and the box. He placed the box beside him and hugged the bear tightly as a few tears escaped his eyes. He wiped them away since he thought it would be a waste of time to cry over such fond memories. He put his bear on his bed so he could stop crying over such precious memories. At the same time, he knew he couldn't help but cry over it. Nightmare, however, could sense his grief from his location so he called Dust and of course he came.

"Hey boss what's up?" Dust said greeting him.

"I believe that Chris is back so can you go check on him?"

"Ok."

Dust walked out of the room and closed the door behind him. He then decided to teleport to Chris's door. Once he arrived he just knocked on the door calmly.

"Kid, you there?"

Chris flinched at the sudden sound and looked at the door, he saw feet under the small crack under the door. It was just Dust. 

"Y-yeah?"

He quickly shoved his box under his bed and hid the plush under his pillow then went to answer the door. He saw Dust on the other looking concerned for him.

"You ok there? You look like you were just crying."

"Oh, you know how they just...come down sometimes you know."

"Ok then." Dust said with disbelief "What did you do over in the town?"

Chris froze not knowing what to say. 

"I-... I just hehe...walked around a bit you know." Chris said with a shaky voice that lacked the truth.

Dust noticed immediately that he was obviously lying.

"You know kid...you're a really bad liar." Dust said with a chuckle.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, what's that under your pillow huh?"

Chris's eyes grew wide as he mentioned what was under his pillow. Dust used his magic to get float the plush to his location.

"Were you seriously hiding a stuffed bear from us? I thought you were too old for this. Aren't you like eleven?"

"Yes...Now give it back please!" Chris whimpers as he tries to get the bear back with no success.

'Brother! Be nice to the human!' Dust's Papyrus said to him.

"Pap it's fine-"

'I would listen to him if I were you... Only I can do that to my brother!' Another voice said that shocked Dust.

Chris looked at Dust and saw a familiar person right behind him. 

"T-Terrance..."

"Who?"

'Me dipshit. Give Chris his bear back already. It means more to him than you think.'

Dust was shocked and realized that it was the kid's dead sibling. At least he knows that he wasn't lying that's for sure. He sighed as he gave Chris's bear back. Once he got a closer look at this soul he noticed that they had a fox mask on the side of their face. Michael went to his sibling and wrapped his arms around the back of his neck.

'I wouldn't try that again bud...If you haven't noticed he's a baby.'

"Wow, I feel so loved."