Chapter Twenty-Five

"Delilah? Delilah where are you!?" Dream called out. 

They received a text from her with just where she was. Dream and Ink went off to look for her while Blue was busy.

"That's weird. There are those cards that she always gets for training." Ink noticed how destroyed they looked. "She was probably attacked Dream, track her phone."

Dream obeyed his orders and noticed that the tracking was on. It leads to the next section over and he leads Ink there. Dream stopped dead in his tracks as he saw her. She was hurt. The cut on her arm never ceased. There was also a puncture wound in where her soul was. He tried to summon her soul and nothing came up. His eyes widened as tears pricked his sockets.

"T-This can't be right. Delilah? Wake up! She- No she can't be-"

"She's gone Dream. After all this time she's gone. There's nothing we can do about it-"

"No! I can still feel her positive energy flowing! She's still in there!"

Ink checked her pulse and felt it. Dream was right. 

"We need to take her to Science! We can save her! But the chances are lower than her hp." Ink said still having hope.

Dream picked her up and Ink made a portal to Science Sans's place. 

"Whoever did this will pay." Dream mumbled under his thick breath.

.

.

.

Back with Chris Nightmare made a portal for him and he went in there. He looked at him with hurt in his eyes. He already cried over the loss of what used to be his friend.

"Back so soon Chris?"

"I have her soul. Like you asked."

"Evidence?"

"Lantern rise."

Lantern revealed the soul and all its glory. He started to feel nauseous. He didn't know why but he felt like she wasn't dead.

"You listened to my orders. Great job. Now do me a favor and shatter it for me."

"Y-yes, sir."

He hesitated to break it but he did it as told. When it was shattered a tear escaped from his eye. Flashback of her went through his head as he saw the good that she managed to get by him. Then the argument came through his mind like a permanent record.

~Flashback~

"Where are you going!? Delilah!"

"I'm leaving!"

Chris told Delilah about the business his birth father lead when he was alive. Turns out the springtrap animatronic was connected to him and killed her dad and best friend.

"Why? Did I say something wrong!?"

"Chris it's not you. It's your dad's fault. He owned the pizzeria. His soul went into springtrap and then he tried to kill me! He killed my Dad and my best friend!"

"That's not true! He died in prison! The police told me that!"

"Sure he did, that doesn't matter now. I can't be friends with a killer's son, even still you are! How ironic is that? I just can't be with the one who had my loved one's life on the line. It's just wrong."

"Delilah! I'm not like him! I don't kill innocent people!"

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it? Farwell Chris."

Just like that she created a portal and left him there confused and sad his only friend outside the castle doesn't even accept him.

~Flashback over~

Nightmare glanced at his adoptive son and he looked heartbroken. His tears couldn't have gone unnoticed.

"It's alright son. You did the right thing-"

He knew what he was about to say. Honestly, Chris didn't want that statement to live his mouth. He's heard it multiple times from him. At this point, he didn't care how Nightmare felt. It was his fault that he had to do it.

"She didn't deserve that. She didn't deserve any of that! Why did I have to kill her! I feel like a fucking monster!"

"Don't raise your voice at me."

"No Nightmare! She could've been my future queen if it wasn't for you! She even kissed me before I had to end her life!"

"She did what to you?!"

"Nevermind! You wouldn't understand it!"

He was about to leave the room until one of Nightmare's tentacles manages to get his arm stopping him.

"Where do you think you're going?! I'm not finished with you young man!"

"I'm finished!"

Chris shoved the tentacle off of his arm and ran out of there. Before he left Chris grabbed a book and threw it in his direction just so he couldn't stop him from leaving. He ran up the stairs and by the time Nightmare got the stairs he was already gone. Chris stormed his way upstairs and slammed the door locking it to make sure no one gets in. He looked around like a wild animal and pushed everything off his desk beside the lamp. He threw a glass vase with flowers in it against the wall breaking it. The glass and everything else in it were on the floor. He collapsed onto the ground next to the bed. He curled up into a ball and sobbed. He wished that it was him instead of her. He wished that something stopped him. Sadly he knew that there was no turning back now. It felt like an hour whenever it was nighttime. Chris raised his head as an idea came to mind. It was the only way. He didn't want to be king anymore. He didn't want to kill anymore. He got up slowly and grabbed a backpack. He got a few pairs of clothes, bandages, a flashlight, his wallet with around 500 dollars in it, and his bear along with a few pictures of his family before everything happened. He changed into a black t-shirt and put his backpack on. He put his cloak on afterward along with its hood so they won't see him leaving. He was on the third floor so he had to jump down there. Chris opened his window waiting for this hell to end itself. He looked down and saw how steep it was. One wrong move and he'd fall. He managed to climb out the window and saw a latter leading down. He got onto it and climbed down there. Once he was on solid ground he ran off into the forest. Hoping to get far away from everyone and everything as soon as possible.