Chapter Eighteen

A half-hour later and he's arrived where he found his way back to where he started. Delilah took the chance to scare him by making a portal near him and scaring him from behind. She soon was behind him and gripped both of his shoulders. Before she could say anything Chris yelped and sparked her from behind. It took some damage for only hurting her hand. She let go and hissed in sudden pain that was zapped into her hand.

"Chris! What the hell?!" She shrieked.

Chris's eyes widened in shock when he realized that it was Delilah that did that. At this point, her hand was swelling up quickly.

"D-Delilah!? Why did you do that? Are you ok?"

"Calm down bud I'm fine. It's just a bit swelled up."

"Come on. We have some bandages for that."

She followed inside the place that looked oddly familiar to her. Chris took her to the medical room where they kept all of the healing stuff. They were prepared for injury to say for the most part. Delilah couldn't help but look around the place in awe. Chris gestured for her to sit down on one of the chairs.

"What is this place?"

"Oh, it's the medical room. It's nothing special really." Chris said.

He proceeded to get out some cream for the swelling and gauze afterward.

"Can I see your hand for a sec?" He said putting the gauze to the side and sitting in the other chair.

She gestured her hand to him and he grabbed it gently and started to rub the medicine onto it. The medicine was a healing ointment kept in a small container mostly used for burns or wounds if applicable. Since they don't really have healers in the place they have to either take one against their will or just do it the hard way. They only use the first choice if it's like someone is going to die important. Luckily, it hasn't come down to that yet. Once he was done he closed the medicine and grabbed the gauze. He tried his best to wrap it up carefully.

"What was that stuff that you put on my hand?"

"It was medicine. It makes the wounds, or burn in this case, heal faster."

"How long does it heal without it?"

"Around two weeks without anything. This should keep the swelling down and make it heal within a week."

"Really?"

"I-I know it's kinda weird for me to be knowing all of this and all"

"No, it's not weird. I find it quite interesting that you know this."

"Oh, thanks."

After a solid minute of silence, he was finished with the hand.

"And... It's done!"

Delilah smiled fondly as she retreated her hand back and glanced at it in awe.

"Heh, if I'd known sooner about you being so jumpy I wouldn't have done that." She said with a small giggle.

"Nah, it's alright. It was on me. That was actually the first time I did that and actually hit the person with it. Well without meaning to at least." He said mumbling the last part.

"Yeah, at least I know that we're capable of defending ourselves."

Chris nodded in agreement knowing full well that they both are pretty powerful in their own ways. He admired it in a way.

"Alright, is your hand better now?"

"Yeah, actually you did a great job on it. Thanks."

"No problem! With that settled do you wanna go back-"