Chapter Twenty-Three

(Time skip)

It's been about four years since he's been there. He was now fifteen and still lived with Nightmare and the others. His magic enhanced and became better. Most people his age don't even have that kind of ability unless they're a wizard or had a soul like his. Meaning he's not fully human but he's not a monster either. He and Delilah have lost all contact because of an agreement that made them block each other. Since then he's been training his magic and managed to make his attacks more powerful and deadly. When it's dark he could even let Lantern come out and attack for him. They soon trusted him enough to come along with them into their plans. His eyes never went back to normal but his hand healed. Chris even gets to kill innocent monsters in different Au's whenever Ink was too distracted to notice. His exp levels were higher than they were before, now he's used to bloodshed. Today was a good day for him. Chris was lying on his bed as tossed a ball up and down. He did this whenever he was bored. He was released from the tedious trace whenever he heard a familiar knock on his door.

"What is it?"

"Boss wants you in the throne room."

"Alright thanks, Killer."

He put the ball down and tied his cloak on. It was lying in his closet for quite some time. When he tried it on for the first time he loved the way it looked on him. Ever since then he always wore it on missions or around the castle when he felt like it. He put his gloves on just in case it might be another mission. He opened his door and closed it behind him. He went down to the throne room and saw Nightmare waiting for him patiently. He saw the way his eye sockets were closed and Nightmare was tapping his boned fingers onto the armrest. He had the same half-hearted grin on his face and wasn't impossible to recognize. He bowed down to him. Nightmare made the signal for him to get up and he did.

"Is there something the matter father?" Chris questioned.

"Nothing is wrong. I just need you to do a solo mission."

"What is it then?"

"I need you to bring me the soul of someone you hate. Then come back here. That's how you can prove your loyalty to the throne."

Of course. Ever since he was here he'd always wonder when it was his time to lead. When will he gain subjects of his own like Nightmare does? What does he have to do for it? He'd never have the time to ask him that since those questions sound like they were too early to ask. He still has a lot to learn. Nightmare has been trying to get Chris on the same level as he was.

"I don't really hate anyone. That's going to be hard."

"What about Dream's apprentice? She won't be able to fight back. Besides, you haven't seen each other in years. You've made vast improvements. "

"Can't I just capture her? Killing her seems wrong. How would Deam think about it?"

"Says the boy who killed way more than she probably has in her whole life. Besides if you make sure it looks like an accident and not a murder you can get away with it with ease."

"I know that! But what if I want to make her suffer in front of you. If I just bring back a soul you wouldn't know who's it was or if it was Delilah's."

"Do as your told son." As Nightmare said that Chris jumped back a bit. "I'll know if it's her's or not. You have to get her soul. Nothing more, nothing less. Got it?"

"Alright, can you take me to her location?"

"Of course."

He made a portal for him to go into and he did. Soon enough he was teleported into what looks like Underfell's underground. It looked fully pacifist not for long. He walked around town seeing that it hasn't changed much since the last time he was there. Everyone's being hostile people getting killed day by day. Wonderful. What is she doing here anyway? Guess he could have fun in this place. He was in snowdin and didn't see their Frisk out yet so that was good. He was walking by the Underfell Sans and Papyrus's house until someone stopped him.

"Stop this instant human! You're under arrest!"

"Can a human do this?" He created a spark in his hand and burned a tree next to him. 

"Then what are you then?"

"You're worst nightmare if you're not careful."

"Was that a threat?"

"More like a death wish Papyrus. Now please get out of my way."

He sent shots against him causing Papyrus to dodge and block them. One hit him and Chris took this opportunity to make a break for it and ran through the snow to waterfall. He could hear angry yelling from the distance. He ran off into the bushes and went on the side seeing no one could see him there. He walked at a normal pace once he was far enough. He started to look around knowing that she'd be there. When a monster noticed him he killed it in an instant and moved on. There were a few more that got into his way but they were dusted the minute they called for the battle. It moved his Execution Points up by a bit. Not by much though. He soon saw a figure by the waterfall. She looked different. He only recognized her by the bow-tied into her hair.

"Damn you sure changed have you, Delilah, oh well, it's the end of the line for you."

She got up and looked at him like it was a joke. Then she started laughing and pointing at him.

"I've changed!? Look at yourself, idiot! You look more like a freakshow than I do!"

He hissed softly at himself as she stopped laughing. He shoved her against the wall and looked into her eyes.

"Would you like to repeat that to the prince of darkness? Sweetie."

"Wow if I didn't hate you I'd find that hot. I guess you're not kidding about this. Fine. Let's play your way then." Delilah replied managing a devious smirk.