Chapter Seven

Chris soon woke up and began getting himself ready for the day. As soon as he went to the mirror he saw tear stains on his face. So he began to wash his face carefully. Once he was done they were gone from his face for the most part. He gotten changed into a grey hoodie and some jeans. Not his usual outwear but something comfortable. He left his room and went to find the living room. He made it down without getting lost. He saw that no one was there. Was he up early? There was a clock there that said it was one-thirty. So maybe they were busy with something. He went to the kitchen and saw that it was cleaned for the most part. He opened one of the cabinets and found an array of chocolate and other sweets in there. He picked up one of the chocolate bars and read it out loud.

"UF chocolate bar. I wonder what UF is?"

He opened the chocolate and took a bite out of it. It tasted alright for him but he started to wonder why there was so much of it. Chris pushed his thoughts about it to the side and grabbed another one and shoved it into his pocket and left the room. Chris decided that he wanted some fresh air away from the castle for a bit. He found the castle doors and went out of them and shut them closed. He started walking out into the forest and stopped at the ledge that he's seen quite clearly before. He sat down on the ledge and put his hood up and glanced at the dark waters below it. Nightmare left to go destroy another AU hoping Chris was still at the castle but he wasn't. He and the others did their jobs. Since this was just a copy it wasn't hard to destroy it all and its contents. He met up with the others who also were done with their jobs as well.

"We should probably leave boss before that squid comes." Killer suggested.

"Good idea." Nightmare said making a portal to their place.

They entered the portal and something didn't feel right.

"Dust can you go see if Chris is awake?" Nightmare asked.

He nodded before teleporting to his room. When Dust went in there he didn't see Chris.

"Kid? Ya there?" He said looking around.

With no luck, he teleported back to Nightmare knowing his reaction wouldn't be a happy one.

"Boss he's not there. Should we go look for him?"

He took in a deep breath trying not to snap at him.

"Dust I want you all to keep an eye out for him if he comes by. I'll go look around for him."

"Got it."

They both parted ways and started looking around the castle for Chris having little to no success in finding him. Nightmare left the castle and went into the woods to try and find him there. Five minutes went by and Chris was tossing rocks down into the water and thinking about that nightmare he keeps having. Maybe it was just a coincidence that he keeps on having dreams of his family or was it fate. The possibility still remains a mystery to him. He sighed thinking that he's just wasting his time. He felt the air getting thicker and thicker by the second but Chris didn't really mind it. Nightmare soon found a hooded figure tossing rocks into the water. He didn't know who it was but he didn't want to get his hopes up either.  So he ended up doing was sneaking one of his tentacles behind Chris and it went around his neck just enough for him to notice. He flinched and tried to get it off of him with no success. He was lifted into the air and found out it was one of Nightmare's tentacles as he was turned to face him.

"P-please let me go, sir..." He said slightly shaking.

Once Nightmare saw that it was Chris he sets him free as he chuckled softly.

"Chris you don't have to call me sir you know. Nightmare will be just fine."

Chris remembers that he was now the adoptive son of the king of fear and pain. So he wasn't as shocked as he was before.

"Oh alright."

"Why were you even out here in the first place?"

"I don't know I just like it here. It's just peaceful here you know."

"Oh, I see. Just next time wait for us to get back before leaving here alright?"

"Ok,"

"Just so you know we're going to talk about rules once we get back young man am I clear?"

"Yes, Nightmare." He responded with a bit of hesatation.

As he said that Nightmare texted Dust saying that he found him safe and sound. Chris took out his chocolate from earlier and started eating it. By the time he was done they arrived at the castle. Chris took in a deep breath before entering in behind Nightmare. Chris kept his hands in his pockets as they walked into Nightmare's throne room. Suddenly he stopped in his tracks and so did Chris.

"Chris, go sit at my throne so I can explain the rules to you more clearly."

He nodded and went to the throne and sat down upon it and tried to get himself comfortable.

"Alright, you have to do as I say without question.-"

As he explained the rules one by one they just seemed like basic house rules to him so he just nodded and thought they were reasonable.

"Lastly, don't trust Horror's food if it seems off."

"What do you mean by that?"

"You know, like dust around it, it smells off, you get my point."

"Oh, does he do that often?"

"Yeah, just to see if someone would be dumb enough to eat it."

"Alright."

"Other then the rules I'll be teaching you things day by day that you'll find useful in the future."

"What will you be teaching me?"

"I'll save those lessons for later alright."

"Yeah, anything else?"

"Yeah, how exactly did you know my brother's name exactly?"

"I may have read one of those books of yours because I was curious..."

Nightmare went silent for a moment before responding.

"Oh...what did you think about it?"

"I-I don't think you deserved the way they treated you. You don't seem to be like the book says you were."

"Well yes, it was because Dream made his aprentence write it instead of writing it himself."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I believe that all he did was just say the words while they wrote it all down."

"Hmm. Your brother is quite interesting, to be honest. Was he always so positive?"

"Yeah, he still tries to stop me but he's not the only one."

"He's not?"

"Yeah, I'll get into them another time I need some space to think you may leave now."

He got up from the chair and exited the room and went back outside to his little hideaway...