Chapter Nineteen

(Before we begin I'd like to say thank you for 200 reads it means a lot that people are enjoying the story as much as I enjoyed writing it!)

When they made it back Chris went out to the garden not even saying a word. He climbed into one of the trees and glanced at the black roses that grew. Chris's eyes begin to be heavy and he fell asleep right there.

~Dreaming~ (Tw: Character death and cursing)

"Still. It's not normal for you to be in the same place as murderers'. Do you wanna come with me instead? It's much safer." Delilah suggested.

The boy looked out nervously into the distance when she asked that. He could practically feel his heart starting to race when he answered.

"Y-yeah...it might be for the best."

Nightmare's eye widened when he said that. He gritted his teeth in anger and betrayal. They were about to step into the portal until one of Nightmare's tentacles has gotten a hold of his neck. Chris yelped in surprise when it tightened.

"CHRIS!" Delilah screamed.

Nightmare couldn't help but laugh as he struggles in his grip. Chris couldn't speak through his panic. His life flashed before his eyes. He knew this day might come but not this soon.

"So trying to leave hmm? Well, I guess it's about time to show you what happens to selfish traders." The goopy skeleton admitted with an unsympathetic smirk on his face.

Before he knew it another tentacle went through him like a spike. He didn't even cover the child's mouth when he did it. He wanted to hear the ear-piercing scream that once urged him to take him under his wing. Now, he feels nothing but pure hatred for him. He started crying and coughing up blood. His fragile body now was covered in his own blood. Nightmare rolled his eye and dropped him onto the ground with a thud. Delilah had tears rolling down her soft cheeks. She looked at Nightmare in fear and anger. He killed him...her friend now within death's fingertips.

"Why would you do that!? You sick bastard?!"

"He had to learn the hard way. Too bad he won't be able to live afterward."

Chris thought to himself knowing that he was right all along. Now he will forever be known in vein. Chris smiled and passed out into a sleep that he can never come out of. He took his final breath...and he was gone.

"I can't believe it...you actually k-killed him..."

She took a fine grasp onto Chris never wanting to let go of him. She planted a tender kiss onto his forehead bidding goodbye to her lost friend that once knew. Sadly she let go of him and got onto her feet. She ended up taking the pocket knife that he had into her grasp turning it a gold color. Before she knew it she charges after the skeleton with anger coming forth within her.

"I FUCKING HATE YOU NIGHTMARE!!"

Before she even had a chance to strike Nightmare slammed her back into the portal causing her to collapse onto her knees.

"You better get home Delilah, let this be a lesson for you. Also, tell Dream that his time ran out."

Delilah's heart clenched wanting to scream at him but the portal just closed on her. Tears overcame her and she screamed in pain and agony that she witnessed.

"Why couldn't it have been me!"

On the other side of the portal, he felt her pain. He smirked before picking the body up and carrying it back home. When he arrived the other skeletons noticed how bitter he was and the way he was carrying him He was basically tied up in his tentacles. They went to him wondering what happened. All he did was carefully put Chris down and watched their expressions change from concerned to shocked.