Chapter Twenty-Four

Delilah used some blunt force of her power to make him glow only to be pushed up onto the other side of the wall. He let out a gasp before getting the air knocked out of him. He quickly got back up and knew this was only the beginning. Chris dusted off his cloak and readjusted his gloves to make them more comfortable. He got into a fighting stance and she had the audacity to say.

"Come on pretty boy is that all you got?!" She taunted.

He summoned a scythe as his eyes became a darker shade. Both becoming solid black but his right eye had a purplish glow into it as a shadow was cast onto his face. A grin somehow makes its way onto his face. He swings and she manages to jump over it and make it behind him landing on her two feet. He turned around and saw her take out some cards. These cards were no regular cards. They were ones that humans could use to attack others or just to put some flair in the card tricks. She threw three of them in his direction and Chris moves out of their direction. The cards could take half damage and he can't afford to take damage. He didn't bring healing items with him. He brought Lantern with him but he wanted to take Delilah down enough to make her stop fighting back. The cards exploded in the colors blue, purple, and yellow-colored smoke. If it got into his lungs he'd be a coughing mess because most of the sets were poisoned. The safe ones were the purple ones. Looks like she isn't showing mercy. He strikes again and swings twice. Chris manages to cut her right arm open. It started to bleed out quickly making her grunt in pain and mumbled 'fuck' under her breath. She held her arm and saw the damage inflicted onto it. Chris felt the blood from it spatter onto his face. He missed that feeling dearly.

"Awe what's wrong? You can't be hurt already! The fun has just begun!" Chris mocked her.

He didn't realize how merciless he was being to her. He laughed and threw a few large sparks in her way and two managed to hit her out of four. She screamed as she coughed up a bit of blood. She ate a cinnamon bunny and she wiped the blood off her face.

"Chris stop it! This isn't you!"

"I know. That's what makes it fun. Isn't this what you wanted Dee?!"

"I didn't want any of this!" 

She threw more cards at him and he dodged them and covered his mouth and nose as he did so.  She winced in pain as he got closer. Chris could hear her growl in anger and saw the fear in her eyes. She backed up as she threw another card out in his way. It hit him this time and only took a little damage from him. He knew she was getting weaker and weaker by the second.

"Give up now and this can all be over quickly Dee."

"What do you want from me!?"

"Your soul silly!" He said with a dull grin.

Everything went silent. Neither of them spoke for a solid thirty seconds until Delilah broke the silence between them.

"NO WAY! You're insane!"

"Insane is a bit rude. It's my way of showing you mercy dear. Don't you understand?"

"No! You're not Chris! You're just Nightmare's servant! Nothing more!"

Chris laughed as he cornered her and placed one hand against the wall. A shadow cast upon his face as his purple eye glowed.

"Call me a servant again and I'll chop off your head and throw your body in the river in pieces!"

Delilah felt powerless. She couldn't move an inch of her body. She felt paralyzed and trapped with him being like this. 

"S-sorry."

"Good you finally came to your senses."

He got off of the wall and glared daggers at her. She looked like she was on the brink of tears.

"You're not actually going to kill me...right?"

He sighed as he balled his hands into fists not knowing what to do.

"Delilah, I have to follow the king's orders. I didn't want to do any of this really."

She felt a lump in her throat as she choked down a sob. She sinks down onto her knees in fear.

"N-no. You can't. C-Chris please, don't do this. You're better than this!"

"Just chose something to do before you can die. I may need to kill you but I don't want you being a spirit here. It ends here."

She swallowed hard as she got up. She wiped her tears off her face. She didn't look at him at first and then saw him. His eyes changed back to normal and his weapon was still in hand. She looked him up and down. She used to have a crush on him at one point in their friendship. She realized that those feelings never faded away. Sadly there's no light in the darkness for her. She thought about it and then ended up stealing his first kiss. It was short but thoughtful for her. Not too long and not too short of one. She noticed that a black tear escaped from his eye. She could see the regret in his dulled eyes.

"It's alright Chris, just make it quick for your sake and mine."

Was this it? He hugged her dropping his weapon in the process. Why did his father put him up to such a difficult task!? Did he want Chris to suffer like he once did? The pain struck him like a bullet wound. He hated this more than he hated himself for agreeing to do this. He let go and looked at her shocked expression.

"Smile on the other side for me won't you?" He said with more tears coming down.

"Don't worry. I'll be sure to."

"In that case Lantern. Sick 'em."

Instantly Lantern was behind her and manages to stab her soul right through. She gasped and cried out because of how painful it was. She soon passed out and fell to the cold, hard ground. He checked her pulse and felt nothing. He held back tears as he saw her limp body. Chris immediately took her phone out of her pocket and sent her address to the stars with nothing else. He couldn't see her die like that so he picked her up and put her up against the wall. He looked in both directions to see if anyone was there and saw nothing so he pecked her on the forehead and said,

"I'm sorry that it had to end like this Dee, Lantern don't break the soul and don't leave any pieces of it behind."

He placed the phone in her hand and left the sight with Lantern in tow. He went back into snowdin to call Nightmare about his job well done. Their dance of death was over and Chris regretted leaving her like that.