Chapter Eleven

Blue had the energy to get up so he did. The strike weakened him greatly so he couldn't catch up with Chris who has been gone for an hour now. He yelled and screamed for help but nobody came. He was surprised that Alphys or Papyrus didn't come. He lost hope and tried to heal his arm and struggled to.

"Blue! Blue?!? Where are you?"

"Dream! I'm over here! He hit my arm!" Blue shouted.

"Hold on I'm coming bud!" Dream said back.

Dream then ran to blue's location and there he saw him. Blue had his scarf/bow (Idk what it is) on his arm. Dream went to Blue with care and helped him onto his feet.

"Blue can I heal your arm?"

He nods quickly before Dream healed his arm. The blood cleared off of his scarf so he just put it back on.

"Thanks, Dream. I tried to get him to listen but-"

"I know. He belongs in Nightmares control now. I can tell that he wasn't a power source. I wonder what happened to make that even happen."

"He's in Nightmare's control?"

"Believe it or not he is under his protection-"

Dream felt a sudden wave of pain flow through him. It wasn't his pain. It was more of grief or loss of someone. It was the kid's pain he felt.

"Alright, Blue we should probably go check on Ink before they think of doing something to him."

"Ok, let's go!"

The two walked back in an awkward silence before making it to Snowdin town. They made it to the area and saw Chris wiping his eyes and the others standing in shock as Horror stood beside him. Ink snickered a bit before saying.

"You can take care of a kid Horror?"

"Heh, says the one that literally scared him away squid." Horror said trying to be intimidating.

Chris looked behind Ink and saw Blueberry and Dream behind him. He growled softly before panicking, holding his hand out ready to hit Blue a second time.

"Get away from me! I'll do it a second time! I-I'm not afraid t-to do it!" Chris said with a shaking voice.

They panicked as Dream and Blue froze in their places not knowing what to do.

"Blue! What did you do?"

"I panicked! Ok!"

"What do you mean you panicked? What did you do to him?"

"I may have...hurt him by mistake. Heh..." Blue said knowing that there was no escaping the situation.

"You did what!?!" Nightmare and Dream said in unison.

"It was an accident I swear! I didn't mean to actually hurt him!" Blue said in defense.

"Chris put your arm down. Now."

Chris slowly let his arm fall to his side and he gulped thinking that he was in trouble.

"Be honest with me son. What happened between you and Blue?"

"I-I we..."

Chris tried to muster up the right words to say to him. He wasn't very good at talking to people especially in these types of situations He sighed and made up the right words to tell. Nightmare's brother however couldn't tell if he was scared of Nightmare or of what might happen next to him or anyone else on that matter.

"I met Blue in the waterfall area you told me to be in. I was just practicing my magic as you taught me to."

When he mentioned his magic he lit up one of his sparks and focused on how bright it was instead of his worries. He then shot it into the air and letting it faze into dust.

"Blue spooked me and complimented me on my skills even if they aren't the best. When I heard yelling from the distance I was about to see if everything was alright and Blue was trying to stop me from doing that. I can't read his mind but he might've thought that I was just some bystander about to walk into danger when really I was going to see if everything was ok. Given that the  'accident' tried to stop me by using blue magic that might've dropped my health a bit. When I was placed into that issue I reacted by striking his good arm so I could be set free. Either way, we both have gotten a strike at each other if you think about it." Chris said with an innocent grin on his face.

The others just glared at him in shock and surprise. The star sanses knew what their intentions are but they just brushed their reasonings to the side for now since they know now that he was in fact Nightmare's kid.

"Is that true Blue?"

"Yeah, sorry guys."

Blue walked up to Chris slowly trying not to scare him.

"Mostly I'm sorry for being like that human. As magnificent as I am I do have some flaws of my own you know!" 

Chris was thirteen but felt like he was being treated like a kid. He acts like one but it wasn't his fault he's always been easily frightened. His emotions could take over so it was hard for him to control them. 

"It's fine Blue. Is your arm ok?"

"Yup!"

Chris smiled as another dark tear rolls down his cheek not out of sadness but over relief. Ink took notice of his tear. Why were they like that? He didn't know.

"Hey, kid what's with the tears?"

"What do you- Oh these?" Chris said wiping the tears from his eyes for the thousandth time.

"Yeah, why are they like that?"

"Well, I don't know why but I guess they mostly come down because of my emotions and my sparks. "

"Sparky," Killer mumbled trying to get a reaction out of him.

"Killer! I'm not a dog!"

"Awe, does puppy want a treat?" Dust teased.

"STOP THAT! I'LL KILL BOTH OF YOU IF I HAVE TO!" 

His cheeks turned red out of embarrassment.

"Alright, that's enough. We'll take our leave. I need to talk to you three for a moment." Nightmare said pointing at the star sanses.

Nightmare opened a portal and telling his group to go through it and they did. Leaving the others there.

"Believe me now?"

"Impossible! How can a human be like that!?!" Blue said.

"Simple not all humans are like the Frisk's or Chara's."

"Can you tell me why he's so jumpy?"

"Before you assume it wasn't because of us. He has night terrors of his own and none that I created. He's so jumpy because he's just a fearful child so it's hard to tell what he's feeling."

"If he has night terrors then why can't I stop them from happening brother?"

Nightmare sighed trying not to strangle him.

"Dream you remember that prophecy yes? If so you would've remembered that a young soul would be able to be aired to our positions. We may be immortal but they'll help us do our jobs more efficiently. Last I heard that you have someone helping you with your duties yes?"

"Leave Delilah out of this."

"I'm not going to do anything to that little apprentice of yours. Besides, it would not be a smart move to make on my part."

"Has he heard of it?"

"No, has Delilah?"

"No,"

"Everything will fall into place you'll see~"Nightmare purred before leaving the AU completely.

The others were confused but went back to their base anyway probably wondering what's going on with Nightmare. Little did they know that he has tricks under that facade he was holding up.