Chapter Fifteen

(Tw: Puking/throwing up)

Chris woke up the next day to yelling from downstairs. He wanted to just turn over and go back to sleep but his curiosity has taken its toll on him. He sat up in bed and checked the time. It was early. He rubbed his tired eyes and got up for the day. He's gotten dressed in his usual attire and left his room to see what the ruckus was about. Soon he made it to the living room to Dust and what looks like blue but more...on edge.

"You imbecile! That's not how it goes-" 

"Oh, morning, kid." Dust said greeting him.

Chris responded with a smile and waved at him. The other skeleton took a glance at him and summoned a reddish bone weapon with a sharpened end. He grabbed Chris by the shirt collar like he wanted to strangle the boy and pointed it to his throat. 

"Dust, you never told me you've gotten a new pet~" The skeleton purred. "If he's yours you forgot the leash and collar for him. You don't want em' to run off, do you?"

Chris managed to push the skeleton off of him as he growled under his breath.

"I-I'm not a pet." He said looking away from the two.

His throat was sore and forced him to stutter.

"Seriously, not everything has to have a collar and a leash! Besides, he's Nightmare's kid."

"You're kidding."

"Nope, why don't you two get to know each other for a bit?"

Chris's eyes widened at Dust. 

'Great, just amazing Dust! You're going to leave me here with this creep!' The boy thought looking up nervously at the skeleton.

"A-actually I just wanted to see w-where Nightmare was. Have you seen him?"

"Nah, he's probably still asleep. Got get somethin' to eat and go practice alright?"

He nodded and went to the kitchen to get a cinnamon bunny.

"Practice? Practice what?"

"He somehow has magic within his soul Blackberry."

"Prove it."

"What?"

"Prove to me that he has magic then. I've never seen a human-like him having magic."

"...Fine. Hey kid can you come here for a sec?" Dust called.

Chris came back with his breakfast in hand humming in response.

"Can you show Blackberry what you can do so he could shut up about it?"

"...Dust, you k-know I can't do it inside," Chris said taking a bite out of the cinnamon bunny.

"Let's go outside then."

He nodded as he leads them outside of the castle. He finished his food and took in a deep breath. Then he decided to take out his soul to make sure it was still intact. His soul was a strange one. Most of it was a vibrant purple color but the bottom of it looked like it was fading into gray. He didn't know what it meant yet but he'd know he would find out soon. He took another glance at the two behind him and then back the other way. He lifted his hand and proceeded to create a spark. As his powers developed the more it took over his soul. So now every time he used a lot of magic, dark tears come down uncontrollably down his face but not for long. Not because he's upset, it's because that his power drains him if not used properly. Chris pointed at the target, it was just a tree, and shot at it. As soon as he did that tears came streaming down his face. Only Nightmare knew about it since he'd help him control his powers. Blackberry just stood there in shock as he saw him do it. The tree ended up having a burn mark inflicted onto it. Chris turned around to see the two and see how would they feel.