Mirage

HI guys!!! This is the last ship in this story, and the last chapter. (Sorry) I'm always taking requests for new ships!! Enjoy!

Sunstar raced along the sandy terf, kicking up dust behind her. Her white scales were streaked with tan, and grains of sand were wedged between her scales. It had been three years since her and Mirage had met, and their friendship had only grown. Mirage came up beside her, his wings folding. "You cheated!" Sunstar yelled over the sound of their talons pounding the ground. Mirage grinned. "Did not!" He yelled back, pushing himself faster. "You flew!" Sunstar said, spreading her own wings and gliding a few steps. "So did you!" He retorted. Sunstar snorted. "Just because you did." She replied. Mirage jumped into the air, climbing high. Sunstar looked down and saw a white line, growling slightly before flying after her friend. He had already made it very high, and began to swoop into a steep dive. Sunstar pushed her wings harder, following just a moment behind him. They pulled up at the last second, their wings creating waves of sand. Touching down and beginning to run again, Sunstar pulled in front of Mirage and passed over a green line a second before he did. She collapsed, panting hard. "I...win.....again." She said breathlessly. Mirage frowned, flopping onto his side. "Sure." He said. Sunstar stood up and shook the sand off her wings, her tail swishing back and forth. The game they were playing was a mix of tag and obstacle course. First you had to tag the other player, then start a race to the white line. From there you would fly until the top of a sand hill that had taken hours to build before diving back down and running until you pass the green line. Whoever passes first wins. Sunstar had won every game three years in a row, and she was not going to lose her streak. She trotted off towards the sand hill, which had grown hard as rock. Spreading her wings and flying to the top, she looked out over the Sand Kingdom. Mirage had given her a tour a month after they became friends. 

"Come on." He said, walking away. Sunstar followed. "Where are we going?" She asked, and Mirage smiled. "To my home." He said. "I'm giving you a tour." Sunstar grinned. "Great." She said. "Take it away." Mirage took her around Possibility, showing her the different shops and the best places to find lizards. Then he took her to the palace, where the queen was waiting. "Who's this?" She asked with a smile. Mirage introduced his friend. "This is Sunstar." He said. Queen Scorpion flicked her tail. "Nice to meet you, Sunstar." She said, then squinted. "You look familiar......have we met before?" Sunstar shook her head. "Not that I know of." She answered politely. Queen Scorpion thought for a moment. "Who are your parents?" She asked. "My father is Sleet." She answered. "And my mother was Eclipse." Scorpion gasped. "Eclipse?" She said. "I've met her before."  Sunstar brightened. "You have?" She said, excited. "Can you tell me what she was like?" She asked hopefully. Scorpion frowned. "What do you mean? Don't you know her?" Sunstar looked down at the ground. "She died before I hatched." She said solemnly. Scorpion wrapped her wings around the grieving dragonet. "She was wonderful." She said quietly. "Just like you."

From that moment on, Queen Scorpion became like a mother to Sunstar, and her and Sleet visited often. Mirage climbed up and sat next to her on the sand hill. "You okay?" He asked, nudging her. Sunstar looked at him. "Yeah, I'm good." She said. "Just thinking." "About what?" Mirage asked. Sunstar shrugged. "Just.....stuff." She said vaguely. She slowly leaned on Mirage, twining her tail with his. He tensed for a moment, then relaxed and placed a gentle wing over her. "Mir?" Sunstar looked at him. He looked at her. "Yeah?" He asked. Sunstar took a deep breath. "I love you." She said quietly. Mirage smiled, touching her snout with his own. "I love you too." He said. 

Hi guys!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS SHIP SO MUCH! SO MUCH. Anywho, I hope you liked it!!