two.

CHAPTER II. Bog Labrador

year 2019.

The day after you met Petra and Levi was a few months ago but it felt like it was just yesterday.

Either that or Levi is still not convinced with even the idea of you since.

The days after became a bit troubling as your job as an actual teacher began. You met the kid who was probably Erwin's secret child and a disaster of child-like adolescents as if that made sense. In fact, you couldn't feel more old to see many child looking faces. You felt frightened, not even having proper training to be a teacher and you haven't handled adolescents like this before. Not to mention, almost all of them are able to hide you in their shadow, and shade you from the sun.

When did children become this tall? It was like you were in the woods and the trees were moving with you as you walked through the hallways.

And you just went to the tallest tree with the bushiest eyebrow's office to formally start your day. He was sitting down, as usual, with his usual pose in display. It did nothing but place more attention to his eyebrows but you tried to think of something else. You took the seat in front of him and began rummaging through your bag, "So."

You perked up at the sound of Erwin's voice and sat up straight. He smiled and continued with his short talk. Something about school policy and dignity to be uphold could be seen in the school's handbook and MOU and something about the early adulthood stages. Your mind by now has travelled distant lands and was on a journey through time and space. It also began to make sense of the situation. You are now a teacher, as well as a researcher. Your students are young adults nearing their 20's and they are supposed to be taller than you (not really but that was what you've concluded after seconds of theorizing). And it wasn't like you didn't need to pay more attention to what Erwin is saying, but you were certain that all that was also written somewhere.

"Good luck on your first day." you took this as a sign of the ending. With a smile, you stood up and thanked him before walking to the door. The future was looking bright so suddenly.

Well, it was bright until when you were walking near the exits did you realize you didn't know where to go. Your small awkward fear of the woods began to creep once more and you haven't got a clue where the faculty is or if you have a class to attend. You did know that there should be a briefing solely for this purpose, which might have been the small talk Erwin gave you a while ago.

This is what you get for being friends with Hange whose kindness comes with a price for time.

A black haired woman then passed by you, having not notice your decision to step back and bump into her like you're the film star acting like it's a new students first year in that school.

"Sorry." her soft voice muttered an apology to you, which you counteracted with an apology of your own. Your hand was grabbing her arms as support before you could fall and quickly let go when you realized.

When she left, you couldn't help but look at your hands, more frightened now that the people who intimidated you managed to scare you more as you still feel the muscles she had beneath all that. You didn't mean to seem like a pervert to the students but you can't help but feel like a coward already. Did the school have a fitness gym only students go to?

Well, you were already intrigued by the small town of Aelindr on your first day, you didn't think you could be more intrigued than that. What the hell is this place exactly?

A small voice called your name when the girl was already trailing behind a man smaller than she was. You turned to the voice and saw Armin who was trailing behind the two of them. You gave Armin a smile and he returned a much bigger smile than he did before apologizing for his friend, Mikasa.