twenty one.

CHAPTER XXI. Agrimony

year 2020.

"Tea for two."

The person brewing tea in the kitchen area let out a tch, but following your order nonetheless. Sundays were always packed, and agrimony is always best shared with someone else.

And since it was a Sunday, the two other employees were not around. Not that it was supposed to be their day off, Levi did not establish any form of day offs between them. Eren was serious taking her job... seriously whereas Mikasa expressed the exact opposite of her determination. So in retaliation, the freckled woman taught Mikasa how to bribe Eren with different approaches every day.

Going to the petting zoo seemed effective enough for Eren to succumb.

Instead of sleeping in, you were forced to get out of bed when Hange was screaming about the alien invasion when a monkey was throwing boulders from the walls, threatening the bespectacled character to hand you over before anybody else gets hurt. It was easy to deduce that the monkey in question was your boss-not-boss who was demanding your roommate to let you go as if you were kept hostage.

In the dream world, it sounded like you were being rescued by destiny. So when you woke up and saw Hange crying to you about Levi about to break the windows again, you rolled your eyes then to the side, covering yourself with your blanket, "Don't do this to me, I've got so much to live for!"

"Tea for two!"

You shouted once more to Levi and gathered the emptied cups from the table for the next customer to arrive. Going back to the kitchen, whilst no one was in need of your service, you opt to do the dishes. There was this lingering feeling you felt for Levi—disdain and pure hatred oozing out of you from the moment you woke up. But there was also this feeling of being an adult and ready to take responsibility for something.

The mans pierced your skull with cold grey eyes, a hand on the tray of a pair twin tea cups and his other hand weaving itself through the locks of your hair. You tensed a bit from the action, making Levi tch, "You need to stop stressing yourself, dumbass, you're getting split ends."

"I'll try my best not to." You wiped your hands and checked the ends of your hair, "Do you think Nifa is open today?"

Nifa is a freelance makeup artist and stylist in one god-like human body that you connected with when you gave Hange a bath. Well, at least your initial plan was to bathe Hange on your own, but you had to call for reinforcements like Levi afterwards. Nifa arrived a few minutes after and christened Hange's first day as a human being. At least before transforming back to the Hange you live with.

"I cut my own hair." he had no idea why he felt the need to share this private information with you, so he immediately retorted, "I wouldn't know that, dumbass."

You let out a small hum of acknowledgement as Levi walked out of the room, not wanting to ask him stupid questions that would land a blow on your head like the usual. It was slow paced days like these when you would wish you were still wrapped around your blankets warm embrace and did not care about the world.

Sadly, your trip to dream land was postponed when the bell sounded off from the entrance of the shop, indicating another customer's arrival then the much avoided head chop from Levi grazed the top of your head. It wasn't much new faces unlike the first time you arrived to Aelindr or began working in Levi's tea shop, mostly because you were busy getting used to the place and burying your face into works of fiction(?) than getting to know these lovely people.

With a smile, you greeted your familiar guests and led them to a table for five. Reiner was looking around with Annie and a few of their friends from L'Mayre. They had different brews of preference, which you told Levi to take care of immediately while you began to ask them how their stay was.