epilogue.

EPILOGUE. Lily of the Valley

Warnings: Violent Imagery; Implied SA and R

year 2026.

It's been years since the whole rumble occurred back in Aelindr. But it was as if it took no more than a week to move on from all of it as if nothing had happened. It took a day to capture who had done it, four to announce the news on a public scale, and five for the schools to open once more and people come out to the streets.

Well, it would have taken the span of only three days if not for the government interfering with the whole incident. It did not help when they found a large coffee table that looked and felt like a large human tooth in Hange's apartment.

In an instance, when spring was around the corner despite the large wildfire that had happened in Aelindr, the government came in and swept all of the work Hange went through. All of dirt and dust swept clean, they even had the decency of cleaning everything to the point that it didn't look like Hange's bird nest at all. The threat and bribe of not to emit a word about their discovery was there, of course, but after all this time who would care?

Within those years, a lot has been accomplished.

Armin became a writer of sorts who visualized the lives of people during the days of Titan walking. Somehow the government wasn't able to get close as he traveled around with Annie, no less. The pair, for some reason, had always encountered Reiner and the others doing so.

Sasha went another path though, somewhere where the potatoes grew a plenty with her business partner from L'Mayre. She'd sometimes send Mike and Nanaba letters of her journey and stay.

Mike and Nanaba stayed behind, in the small bakery that made the best bread there is to taste in Aelindr.

Erwin finally had asked Marie on a date after leaving the school that is now in the custody of Historia's educational department. After having to battle against Nile and thankfully Marie felt the same for Erwin.

Speaking of Historia, and by extension Ymir, who stayed behind and took over her father's presidential responsibilities. This included the University she once studied in and gave way for the more of children needs than ever.

Hange, now jobless, took Moblit in after having the need to have an assistant that would help in experiments. He had graduated from intern to fully pledged assistant, as well as Hange's PR of sorts in the government's monitoring behavior towards Hange.

After Doctor Jaeger left to come back to L'Mayre, he was immediately asked by Mikasa and Eren to come with them to the Asian continent to meet her parents and adoptive family. The three of them never left since.

And Levi?

He left Aelindr for L'Mayre, after meeting with Pieck and Onyankopon who helped him build his tea shop. The additional baggage named Gabi and Falco were a lot of help too as they helped around with cleaning, cooking, and brewing around the best (not to mention only) tea shop that people actually go into.

But for now, Levi is back in Aelindr with clear blue skies and a heavy heart.

"Well, yeah... That's about it." said Levi awkwardly to the stone plint. He wasn't much of a talker he came to realize despite his previous claims, especially to inanimate objects.

But amongst the thousands of graves that could've been eavesdropping, he couldn't care less. He scratched the side of his face to relieve himself of the building awkwardness he wants to rid of, "Been some time since you were gone, thought you'd want to hear all about it."

He wasn't one to close the shop for no good reason, he's done it in the past and he hated doing so. But everyone else said this was more than a good reason. It just didn't feel right to be sitting down against the grass without anything to keep his butt away from the dirt, or the feeling of visiting someone he never knew he'd have to.