twenty two.

CHAPTER XXII. Camomille [Old French - Chamomile]

ġēar 851.

The streets were extra flooded by the seas of people making their way to where they were headed. But most of them had their noses stuck on the newly published newspapers and listening to announcers on the sidelines. It was all the same news over and over: What happened a hundred years ago and the truth about what the government hid all those years.

Frankly, you did not have the care to stop and listen to yesterday's news in your mind. You've got work to do and people to meet. In fact, you were about to meet the people who rely on your work and the health care you provide.

Your long coat was caught in the wind and a lot of people were recognizing you mostly because of the red armband with a white cross on your left arm. It was a part of your uniform in the Blosthryre Medical Facility, a small house where your house used to stand in, along with the people who were your colleagues. In case someone has had an accident, you will be able to present yourself as a health worker and not a maniac.

As the last remaining Blosthryre who rebuilt the medical union and offered health services to every person in Paradis, you were busy for many months that you lost count. And after the appeal to further your reach to the Underground citizens, it seemed like you forgot about other problems your country was facing. At least the decline of human life suddenly replenished from hundreds to tens a day.

The last expedition of the Survey Corps, however, wasn't one of those days.

Receiving an invite, or a warning of house breach, from the now Commander of Survey Corps, you immediately walked your way through the crowd and to your home. The scent of chamomile flowers greeting you as you reached the house of wood and a few doctors who were detailing the series of accounts of your patients for their prescribed herbs and facility-made ointments. You smiled at them, warmed by their kindness to help you and the people of Paradis, claiming this was what your parents would've done anyway.

"Doctor." you looked up at the sound of someone calling you by your title. It has only been a few months when you were granted to be one without really learning the full extent to the name.

You greeted one of the nurses who called you and gave you the files. Scanning through the papers, you listened as she said, "The Survey Corps representative has arrived ten minutes ago, in the dining room."

"Thank you." you dismissed her with a smile and took your armband and coat off before walking to the dining room.

When you first heard the news of the uneventful win of the Survey Corps in reclaiming the Shiganshina District in the outermost wall, the thought of Levi was the only thing running through your head. There were only nine survivors, the news claimed, and Hange Zoe is the now Commander.

Relief washed over you, then a few pounding aches of realization, before acceptance slapped you back to reality.

You haven't walked this fast more than before, ever since this morning. From finishing all your needs a lot of minutes to spend time with Commander Hange, who you were supposed to talk with about the partnership you had with the three military bases (of course, Survey Corps specifically). A lot of questions were aligned with the foremost at the tip of your tongue.

Opening the door to the room, you were expecting a Hange jumping out to you. The lax mood didn't suit the new commander as it wasn't the energy that they would exude towards you. You kept yourself cool, presentable, whatever a professional does at the push of the door. When you were greeted by Levi the black coat he had hanging on his shoulders, all the composure you built from the very first step you had thrown out the window.