nineteen.

CHAPTER XIX. Iris

ġēar 850.

It was a silent trip to the chapel in Orvud district. No one dared to make a sound except for the clapping hooves of the horse against the ground.

Just a few minutes before moving, they were able to find solace in talking to one another. And at the sight of unreadable faces of their superiors and Armin, the air began to tense enough to deprive them of breathing space. The cold night was becoming colder by the minute and they cannot determine why.

The frown on Levi's face was deeper than a while ago as he avoided Hange's incessant banters. That same person was on the wagon tending to the equipment they gathered during the detour. Only Squad Levi was present and riding to the district in Wall Rose. Moblit was forced to delay their arrival, carrying you along and meeting Commander Erwin by the walls to the inside of Wall Sheena a few hours later.

No one said a word, between the three people who was there to confront you, not during the silent ride nor before they arrived. And remembering the scene that unraveled to show the tangles within, you knew you were bound to crack open with the secrets you were keeping.

Armin stepped away from you as Hange began speeding up, Levi's matching the long legs of speed a few steps beside.

Your wide eyes watched each fast paced step of the person/people engaging to your direction, like a swarm of titans finding their dinner. Your focus from the boots shifted to their faces, letting go of your worries and finally about to confront them. At least it was that thought on your mind until catching a glance of a very suspicious shit eating grin Hange was proudly wearing.

Rough hands grabbed you on each arm and the next thing you see and hear is Hange screaming to your face, "Hi, I'm Hange."

A brow arched on its own, "Yes, I know."

"Is your name" Hange blurted out your name in a questioning manner, making you nod in the process. In doing so, the grin turned upwards more as if it was physically possible. The two other men stayed behind, watching the others interaction with one another, "I have so many questions for you."

"Hange." Levi warned the mad scientist.

"How long have you known Levi? Why didn't you tell you knew Levi all this time? Are those Levi's?"

"Hange."

"But I guess that will have to wait." the said person shook their head and lets go of you slowly. Hange turned back on you and placed a hand on Levi's shoulder, "Say goodbye to your friend before we leave then."

With that, Hange opened the door you were standing in front of, showing the dozen of horses being prepped for the travel to the chapel. The dark coat keeping your shoulders warm belonged to Levi, as your previous outfit was severely unrepairable from the experience it had three days ago. It didn't fit you necessarily, it was too small for you or maybe it was too big. But somehow it managed to keep itself wrapped around you as if it was a perfect fit.

Hange's large hand grabbed ahold of Armin and dragged him away from the two of you whereas Levi was just watching them walk away. The large plank of wood slammed shut on your face after a few seconds, letting a chuckle escape your throat. In doing so, Levi arched an eyebrow.

"Like the day you left." you muttered to yourself, your voice low enough for him to not hear. Your eyes gazed at the captain beside you who was already looking at you with cool grey unbothered eyes, "Am I in trouble?"

An inaudible sigh escaped Levi's shut tight lips, the action he alone was able to do, "Armin figured it out and told Hange."

"With the way you're acting, I thought it would've been a lot earlier."