ten.

CHAPTER X. Hyssop

ġēar 850.

Thirteen. Thirteen days of standing still and occasionally deal with some bullshit. You heard that there were three more titan shifters in the Survey Corps, then the rightful ruler to the throne was a part as well. How eventful can the number 104 be to be this filled with party poppers every minute of the day? No matter what, you were stuck with the corporal, partners order.

While they were playing dolls and kept on fighting for the suicidal boy, you were tending to the sick. Since you were already experienced in doing so, they let your purpose branch into the medical situation. A few people went through you that have been fine since, except for the commander. 

After the commander was brought in in the verge of passing out, you decided to nurse him whilst all other professionals were busy with other patients. You couldn't keep him awake from the severe blood loss and trauma his body went through after having to fight with a freshly bitten arm. A lot longer and he might still be asleep. And now, here you were, redressing his bandages before he'll have to talk with the commander of the Garrisons.

The MP were too occupied with whatever they had to deal with. Occupied enough to have you roaming around and being a medical person in the group while your partner gets busy with discussing the last things with the subordinates on the other barracks. Your plain clothing made you blend in better than their military uniforms. 

The other person you have the delight to be seeing every day was already in the place where he should be. Obviously wanting this to finally end.

"You took your time shitting." he looked at you then back to space as he drank his tea, "Are you going to keep standing there and eventually shit yourself there?"

He seemed to be in a bright mood. Maybe because the commander was already awake before he could even sleep, that is if he did actually sleep like a human being. Given the existence of giants, foreign beings could also be roaming around these places—namely Four Eyes and Shorty.

A sigh came out of your lips, "Until when will you let me do this?"

"Do what?" his voice sounded as if he was humming to you.

"Put me on different jobs so I won't be able to finish one."

At the sound of that, you begin damping the towel to the basin of cold water then on his calf. The tore has healed itself after minimal use in two weeks. He'll be able to move as freely as he did in the day after tomorrow if he didn't try to speed the process by walking with towels of water on his leg. That pitiful attempt did let him slip down the stairs, despite not wanting to admit it. You're just grateful he didn't gain another wound to heal when he did slip.

"You chose to stay, you have to be flexible and efficient if you want to be an assistant." you heard him say with the usual obviously tone he always had in the days he felt happy despite the disaster that his face is exhibiting.

You cocked a brow, "Assistant?"

"Cadet? Tool for the Survey Corps?" he sighed, "It's all the same thing to them."

"What's next in my resume? Titan fodder?"

He tched, for the first time of the day, "You will be if you continue on coming with me."

Someone shouted your name, Glover, amongst the sea of patients lying around. You quickly turned and saw your partner with a smaller bald kid. The same kid you remember accompanying in one of the titan analysis to Ragako village. You nodded and stood up before your patient kicked you down, making you glare at him.