thirty two.

CHAPTER XXXII. Chrysos Anthemon [AG - Gold Flower; Chrysanthemum]

Warnings: Violent Imagery 

ġēar 854.

Coming back to the time you had felt the nerve wrecking feeling that had absorbed you in a place of a dark skied endless sand dune, you were gathering what were able to be turned to stew for you three. And when you finally returned to the familiar landscape of the large forest, you didn't hesitate and sprinted towards Hange and Levi.

The next memories were a blur, everything was by the dirt floating on the air from the thousand Titan feet stomping against the ground. The three of you were still by the opening of the forest watching them parade towards the sea, to attack Marley on Eren's orders. Suddenly, you took sight of steam that was going to a different direction.

Hange took notice of your tightening grip on sturdy, rock hard hips as you both rode the horse which was carrying Levi behind. Within a few steps, you notice one of the Titan shifter. Hange tapped your hand, "I'll talk to them."

At the request of a sign, you slowly took your arms away and unmounted the horse after Hange did. You look cautiously towards Hange who wasn't reciprocating the same amount of cautiousness you had. The Cart Titan's holder and another person was riding the Titan which seemed to be dormant with the owner out of its Titan form.

At least that's what you thought before they heard Hange approach and turn violently, "Hold on a second."

"Hange!" by reflex, you shouted out for your friend which caused a stir and tch from Levi. Your said friend had hands up and forward as a sign of defense and supposed surrender, making them cautious but willing to listen.

"I'm fine." once you relaxed a bit, Hange turned back towards them, "Just don't eat me, okay? I'm completely unarmed!"

The Cart Titan and her companion looked at your direction, more specifically the small man on the makeshift wagon. Hange's thumb pointed to his unconscious body, "The guy over there? No need to worry, he's nothing more than a harmless man who just refuses to die and his lover."

By the time Levi woke up, he was greeted by confusion on the change of location. The horde of Titans were still marching towards Marley. Not to mention the sight of two other people who had just joined them.

"Pieck Finger. Theo Magath." Levi addressed them with his voice muffled by the bandages wrapped around his face, with Finger being the holder of the Cart Titan, "Our interests align."

"My goal is to kill Zeke."

"We have to do this together." Hange added, "Let's join forces."

The whole time, the opposition remained silent. A gun was pointed towards him, as well as most of your attention. The Titan shifter just sat still as her companion, contemplating what has been going on without much of the context intact. If you played your cards right, you both will be getting the best for each interest.

And with every move done, each card laid on the table, each player surrounding the fire and the pot of stew under the already dark sky. You know of the people surrounding the fire, some you just met, some you've known but not enough of. The heat from the fire did not help Hange one bit as the tension of each stare and closeness to the flames were not ideal.

"Instead of staring at each other, can someone help me?" the commander of the Survey Corps relieved the silence whilst slicing a vegetable to pieces, "It's hard seeing with the non-dominant eye, and with you all with two working eyes could help a lot."

Meanwhile, you stayed beside Levi who seemed to be more silent than usual with his eyes closed. You never knew if he was sleeping or just playing dead in order for people to not talk to him (not that anyone would like to talk to him first of all). Still, you looked at him then at the stew before finally facing each glare towards the other.