thirteen.

CHAPTER XIII. Lilie [Old English (OE)- Lily]

Warnings. Implied Graphic Scenes.

ġēar 828.

"Careful when you go down, love. It's dark."

The chilly night breeze was definite tonight. It made your arms feel as if they were pricked repeatedly and your teeth chatter. You were shivering against the thin piece of clothing that acted as a hood. You know this place like a thought imprinted at the back of your head, lost in times box but remembered easily when opened. The flower beds were a safe haven to you, a faint memory that gave you delight and company in your grieving solace.

A prized possession you shouldn't have shared with anyone.

But naivety was a sin for the unknowing and greed was a death sentence for the fools. You were nothing but naïve to the familiar face.

You remembered reading a book, something about Gods and Goddesses. It said that the deity's appreciated naivety before it was called sin by humans. It was that sin that caused them to worship these beings in the first place. There were more unfaithful acts towards humanity that rivaled different challenges given to great warriors who fought them, the thought of wanting to fight these battles crossed your mind a time or two.

And here you were, about to cross through uncrossed territory were you might take your last breath any second and upon jumping in the large gaping hole that stuck out like a sore thumb. It took your breath away quite literally and figuratively when you jumped unprecedentedly. Your companion wasn't able to catch you in time, making you lie to your mother for the first time in a long time when a scab appeared in your body the next day.

You've long to step foot and bury it deep to the ground below and as you gradually pass through every stone, the more you didn't want to leave.

There was nothing astonishing about his place. But for the immature minds, it felt like a tale that had reanimated itself real and tangible after escaping the pages of a book. Stories you encountered also had Underground cities but they were given a much more humane description of it. The first jump towards what seemed to be a sewer wasn't that appealing to you, it wasn't appealing to anyone. 

For all you can tell, a large animal that has been transformed to a freak of nature could chase you to the ends until one of you rids the other. Not to mention, you were pathetically a child, your muscles are non-existent.

But walking through a corridor to the place of interest was giving you the excitement you were insistent on having. And it did not disappoint your very easily swayed mind and attention span. However, it was too humid you can barely feel any more air coursing through your lungs.

"You need to take care of yourself down here, sweetheart. Can't lose something promising as you." the woman with you, who you consider a trusted companion and MKO, gave you fire being magnified by its glass container.

This small gift from the God of the Sun who had just departed from the world was appreciated and to be used to his favor.

The book you were always mentioning mentions a lot of this over worldly beings that had created the world the way it is. The Sun is given by the Gods, so are the moon, clouds, stars, and sky. 

Basically everything is owned by the Gods and Goddesses but because of their kind nature and fondness of human life, they decided to partake and give this to you and everyone else. If you're going by the book, why did the Gods create death? Or why did the create circumstances when people were dying on the street? Why build the walls?

Another part of that book was supposed to be the legend of Eldia, the country you live in. There are other civilizations around but this had shield itself from enemy attacks. The myth started with a slave making a pact with the Goddess of Death. That slave was but a child, naïve thus easy to manipulate.