seventeen.

CHAPTER XVII. Gardenia

year 2020.

The ability to think about anything else after yesterday had vanished into steam as if they were titan remains. Other than that single thing you remembered, nothing else came back to you. You finally found the rest you were looking for, on a weekend that didn't involve anything but finding other things to do.

Well, not technically... You still had your paper scattered across the desk in your room. For some reason you can't even lift your legs to plummet down the earth and go to the tea shop for Levi. You literally dragged yourself to do some work and Hange knocked on your door to check if you were okay only to see your stupor and dazed self, staring at the wall with a mouth agape.

In one of these glitch of human life you were facing, your friend took cautious steps towards you to see what you were doing. Being locked up inside wasn't like you and you don't work well without caffeine in your system. And especially Hange didn't have anything to do and with you inside, it was the perfect opportunity to pester you.

Calculating eyes behind spectacles hovered over your writings, carefully threading over each letter and its utterance that was present in your lined notebook. It scoured the entirety of the messy handwriting and could make out a few words that didn't make any sense to the logical men and women. Entcynn, weallgeweorc, hǣþencyning, lǣdere, and fyrdstemn were a few of the words that no one can understand but other words were also present that was questionable like and coup d'état and glovewort.

Among all the rough writing, a smirk sneaked past its way to Hange's face. There were a few words that were too familiar to those hazel eyes, particularly a small scribbles where your pen had stopped.

"What are you writing?" asked Hange, feigning cluelessness to you. You snapped out and looked at the culprit who was a shit eating grin on, "Aren't you a bit old to be writing boys names in hearts?"

Your face morphed to confusion at Hange's questions, then looked at your paper. A blush slowly crept to your visage, seeing the word Lev and a line continuing from the ink of your pen. As you were staring catatonic on the wall in front of you, your hand began acting on its own and wrote the word Levi for some reason. Now you weren't sure if the reason was because you were writing notes from the narrative entries of Glofwyrt or you've been thinking about Levi sleeping peacefully like a new born.

It was definitely the latter part but Hange didn't need to know that.

A sigh slipped past your lips, writing a reasonable surname like Vygostky after, "I don't know with you, Hange, but I'm old enough to not assume about things prematurely or even things like that at all."

Your roommate didn't move before you ask, "What is Levi's last name anyway?"

"Why do you ask?" the grin became worse than a few minutes ago, "Planning to be the next Ackerman?"

You looked at your tons of notes, recalling a similar last name in your accounts. Ackerman, the last name as seen in the document Glofwyrt showed to the two MP's who killed Pastor Nick. It was signed by, "Kenny the Ripper..."

Hange looked at you, "You know of Kenny?"

"No, he's just someone from the story I'm reading..." you told Hange, "Who's Kenny?"

"He's Levi's uncle." Hange winked at you, "I'm sure Shorty would introduce you if he comes visit again."

You pinched the bridge of your nose and inhaled deeply. No way were you continuing with this coincidence any longer. That must've been the history between Levi and Kenny in the story as well and you just accidentally spoil yourself from the plot twist. You leaned against your chair and stared at the ceiling in disbelief.