Chapter Thirty-Six

You guess that you and Matt had fallen asleep. It was the middle of the night when you suddenly woke up. You woke up in the middle of the night almost every night it seemed like. This night was different though. You had horrible cramps. You started to get up and as your leg went across the bed, it was wet. "Matt? Matt!" You screamed. "What?" He asked, sounding tired. "My water broke!" His eyes were suddenly wide. "You go and wait in the car! I'll get your bag!" Matt comes around to help you get up real quick. You start to head down the stairs then you hear Matt yell, "Carter! It's time!" "Time for what?" He asked standing in the doorway of his room. "The baby's coming! Get dressed then meet us at the hospital!" "Got it!" Carter says.

Matt gets out to the car with your bag. "Ready?" He asks. "Yes! Just drive!" You yell. Matt backs out of the drive-way and you two are off.

You and Matt get to the hospital. Matt had called the hospital to tell them that you're on your way. Two nurses come out with a wheelchair and sit you down in it. They hurry up and push you to the nearest room with Matt following right behind. You get to your room and put on your gown then lay down on the bed. The doctor came in to check your dilation. You weren't there yet though.

Carter comes bursting through the door. "Did I miss anything?" He asks. "No. She's not dilated enough yet. Oh my gosh! I forgot to call the guys!" Matt says. "Don't worry, I already called. They're in the waiting room." "Okay. Good. Do you know what time it is?" Carter looks at his phone. "Three in the morning." "Geez. We fell asleep around midnight! We didn't sleep very long. But oh, well! It'll all be worth it when our baby's here." Then Matt goes over and grabs your hand and leans down next to your ear. "It'll all be worth it soon, babe. Don't worry."

Later, the nurse comes in and feels to see how far you're dilated. She didn't say anything. She just walked out. A few minutes later the doctor walks in. "Who's ready to have a baby?" He asks. Your eyes widen and your stomach turns. You weren't expecting that for some reason. The nurses elevate your feet so you're ready to have your baby. Carter leaves the room and Matt stands right beside you. He grabs your hand knowing that you may hurt his hand. All of a sudden the reality hits you. "Matt, I can't do this!" You say as tears were falling from your eyes. "Yes, yes you can!" "Matt, I'm serious! I can't!" "Babe, yes you can! I believe in you! You always talked to me through the hard times so now I'll talk you through this. You'll be the best mom I've ever seen and we'll be awesome parents. I'm not kidding. You can do this. We just have to be strong and get through this together." "Okay. Thank you, Matt." You smile. "I think I'm ready, doctor." "Great! Let's get started." You look at Matt. "Here we go." You say.