Chapter Thirteen

You wake up and Matt isn't beside you anymore. It's weird because you almost always wake up before him. You stand up and get dressed. Nothing special. Just a T-shirt and some pajama pants. After you get dressed Matt comes in the door. He hands you a cup of coffee and says, "Good morning, beautiful!" "Good morning." You say back. "We're going to the beach today! Be ready in two hours!" "Okay!" You say.

You go and take a shower and dry you hair. You walk back into your room to go pick out a swim suit. You look in your closet and you're trying to decide between two bikinis. "Pick the red one." You hear Matt's voice behind you. "Red one it is!" You laugh. You turn around and look at him. "What?" He asks. "I need to change." "I don't mind!" Matt smiles. "I would change in front of you but I didn't get a chance to wear my clothes when I changed in front of you last night!" "Fine, fine. I'll get out for a minute!" Matt laughs. You change in to your bikini and slip on shorts and a tank top over it. "You can come back in now!" You yell to Matt. No answer. You go out to see where Matt went. When you step out the bedroom door Matt sneaks up behind you and puts his arms around your waist and kisses you from behind. As he rests his chin on your head he whispers, "Are you ready to go?" "Yeah." You whisper back.

"We'll be back later!" Matt yells to his mom. "Okay! Have fun Matthew!" She yells back. You two get in the car and you look over. Matt's wearing swim trunks and a shirt. Matt in swim trunks is so cute! You don't know why, just is. When you get to the beach Matt sets up two towels for you and him to lay on. You start to take off your shorts and tank top and Matt takes off his shirt. "Ahh, sun feels good today!" You say. "Sure does!" Matt agrees. After a few hours of swimming and tanning you and Matt leave the beach and head home. "Did you have fun?" Matt asks. "Anything's fun when I'm with you." You say. Matt leans over and kisses you then starts the car and drives home.

When you get home Matt's mom has lunch made. You, Matt, and his parents sit down. Matt's mom looks at you. "We want to get to know you a little more, dear." She says. "Oh, uh, okay." You say. "How old are you?" Matt's dad asks. "Seventeen. Same as Matt." You say. Matt looks nervous. He obviously wasn't expecting this. You haven't really talked to his parents much since you've been there. "What are your intensions for the future?" His dad was asking the questions. "Well, I don't really want my life planned out. I like to live in the present. Sure, I think about the future and what I want to do, but I'm not there yet so I live for now." You look at Matt who looked pretty comfortable with your answer. His dad thought for a minute. Then smiles. "What are your future plans with Matt?" He was obviously trying to ask harder questions to make you nervous. "You don't have-" Matt started. "Yes, she does Matthew. I'm concerned about what your plans are for the future and I want to hear it from her." You were trying to think of an answer without making Matt or yourself uncomfortable. "Umm..." You start.