Chapter Thirty-Eight

You finally got to leave the hospital with Shane. You still didn't have a clue what Nash and Matt had talked about.

You get home and sit on the couch with Shane and Matt. "So, can I ask you something?" You ask. "Sure, go ahead." Matt says. "Will you please tell me what you and Nash talked about?" Matt looks at the floor and smiles. "You always do that when I ask! You just smile and don't say anything!" You say. "That's because it was just something I didn't really think Nash would tell me. Just thinking of that conversation makes me smile every time." He says then turns and grabs your free hand. "But I do want to tell you that we're going on our honeymoon in about a week and Cam, Nash, and Carter will watch Shane. You deserve the best so we're going to Paris. We'll stay there a few nights then come back. Plus you can't say no because everything is already planned!" You look down at the baby in your hands. He was staring right back and you lean over and kiss Matt. "Of course we'll go!" Shane smiled seeing you and Matt together. "Now let's get to bed!" You say.

All of sudden you wake up. You hear crying. "Babe, wake up! Shane's crying." Matt says then rolls back over in bed. It was two in the morning. "I've already gotten up twice! How many times have you gotten up? Oh, that's right! None! So you can get your lazy ass out of bed and take care of the baby this time!" "Fine." He says then still lays there. "I guess I'll get up again since you can't wake up long enough to take care of your son!" "Okay. Love you, Babe." "Shut up. But tomorrow night you can get up or he'll just cry."

You've been in Shane's room for over an hour trying to calm him down. You look up and Matt's in the doorway. "What? Did you come to tell me the baby's being loud?" You yell over Shane's crying. Matt doesn't respond. He just walks over to you, grabs the baby, and says, "You go to bed and get some sleep. I'll take care of Shane." "I'll never be able to sleep with all his-" "Trust me." Matt says with a tired expression. "Okay. Thank you so much!" You say then walk over and give Matt a kiss. You go lay in bed and all of a sudden, it's quiet and peaceful. A few minutes later, Matt comes and lays back down. "The baby's not crying." You say. "I noticed." Matt says then smiles. "But how did you-" "You just have to know the right technic." He says. "Thank You." You say sounding relieved. "No problem, babe."