Chapter Twenty-Four

"Will you marry me?" Your stomach turns. "Matt." You say. "I want to keep this baby more than anything and I will do whatever it takes to keep you and this baby forever." He says. You start to cry and you nod your head. "Yes! Yes, I'll marry you!" Matt smiles then comes up and kisses you. You look around and everyone has their mouth open in shock. "What did we miss?" Carter asks. "A lot." You laugh. "I'll catch you up later. But right now I'm going to take my lovely fiancé to lunch while we're both still dressy!" "Fiancé." You thought. You loved the sound of that.

You and Matt get back home from eating and everyone is sitting and talking. "I've been thinking, Matthew." His mom starts. "I'm not paying for this wedding." "Yeah. I am." His dad says. "What?" His mom yelled looking surprised. "Yes, I will pay for the entire wedding. The dress, the reception, everything if I can talk to [y/n] privately for a little bit." "Oh, uh, okay." You say. You look at Matt who shrugs his shoulders and mouths the words, "I don't know."

You and Matt's dad go upstairs to talk. "I want to know more about you." He says. "Okay. Like what?" You ask. "Well, last time I saw you, you didn't have to think about your future or anything yet. Now you have a lot to think about. What are you thinking?" "I've kept myself up late at night so many times thinking about everything. So has Matt. I'm thinking that I will do whatever it takes to give my baby a wonderful life. I'm thinking that I can't wait to start my new life with the guy I love." "That brings me to my next question. Why do you love Matt?" He asks. "Easy." You say. "Matt is amazing. He's funny, awesome-" "No." His dad cuts you off. "I don't want you to list things off the top of your head. The things you were saying is what any girl would say. Give me the true, honest reason. The reasons most people wouldn't think of." You thought for a minute. "I love Matt because he's the kind of person that if I called him in the middle of the night for the stupidest reason he would still answer it and do what I said. I love him because he's the one who supports me in everything I do. When we found out I'm pregnant he did not take it easily. He threw up and cried. He wouldn't tell you that though. Most of all I love Matt because he'll be a great husband and an even better dad because he grew up with the best dad. Now how many girls can say that?" His dad couldn't help but smile and laugh a little. "That's the kind of answer I was looking for. I will pay for everything. You have no budget. Buy whatever you would like." "Thank you so much! Now I just have to go buy stuff for the baby and everything's done!" You smile. "No, no. I will pay for the baby furniture, too." "I can't let you do that!" You say. "I know how much it costs to raise a baby. You'll have to spend money for diapers and food and all of that. The least I could do is buy the furniture for you! I want you to spoil this baby and save a lot of stuff because I know you and Matt will have more than one child." You start to cry. "I don't know how to thank you enough!" You give his dad a hug. "You're part of the family now. We're happy to have you."