Chapter Five

After a long, awkward, silent car ride, you and Matt finally get to Carter's house. You didn't know exactly what to do so you walk up to the door with Matt. Before Matt opens the door you whisper, "I'm so sorry." Matt was silent, not saying a word. He opens the door and standing there is Carter. He looked furious! "What the hell is this?" He screamed! "Nothing happened." Matt said as he was heading up the stairs. "Trust me." Carter turns back to you. "Care to explain?"

You bust out crying. You didn't know why, you just kind of did. Carter brings you in for a hug. You look up to see Matt. He looked sorry for you. You looked carefully at his face. He had tears filling his eyes too. "Why was he crying?" You thought to yourself.

Carter sits you down in the living room on the couch. "Explain." He said. As you start explaining, you expect Carter to get mad at Matt or even mad at you. He wasn't though. "Go upstairs and tell Matt to come down. You stay upstairs." Carter told you. You didn't want to question it because you were actually kind of embarrassed.

"Carter wants you downstairs. I'm sorry." You couldn't help but still just keep apologizing. "Stop saying that." Matt told you. You go in the bedroom like Carter told you. To your surprise, sitting there was Cameron. "What are you-" Then he cut you off. "You're making a mistake." "Huh?" "With Matt. You're making a mistake. He just ends up hurting girls and you're no different." You couldn't think of a response to that.

"Shut up! I love her!" You heard Matt yell from downstairs. "No you don't! You think you do, Matt but you don't!" Carter was trying to convince him. You haven't seen Matt in years so you guess you haven't really figured out his past. Disobeying Carter, you go downstairs. "Just let Matt and I talk alone for a little bit." You tell them. "Okay." Carter says. You wait until Carter goes upstairs and shuts the door to his bedroom.

"Why does everyone tell me that you're just a mistake?" You ask. "I've had some relationship troubles in the past. You're different though!" "How?" You demand. "You just are. Just something about you is different. I told Carter I'm staying another week. I want us to figure things out. If you're willing to try, I am." He says. "I'm willing to try it." You tell him. "Perfect." Matt says and he kisses you. Once again, with a perfect kiss. This was either the best decision you've ever made, or the worst.