Chapter Twenty-Three

Matt puts his phone down. "She's pissed." Matt says. "Maybe she's not as mad as you-" "No, she's pissed!" He cuts you off. "My parents are coming down tomorrow. What if they try to make me go back to Virginia and leave you all alone?" "They wouldn't do that." You said. "I would hope not." Matt says. "You need to take your mind off things. Let's go shopping today." You say. "Okay. Let's go now." Matt says.

After you get home from shopping you and Matt go straight to bed. Cam and Nash finally left but would be back tomorrow to help deal with Matt's parents.

You wake up before Matt so you shower first. When you get out Matt still wasn't up. That was weird because if Matt isn't up when you wake up he almost always is by the time you get out of the shower. You go over to Matt and wake him up. "Good morning!" You say. "You're already out of the shower?" He asks. "Yeah. Are you sleeping in?" "I didn't mean to. I was up almost all night thinking about everything." "I'm sorry." You say as you give him a kiss. "Go shower and I'll have your suit out for you when you're out." You say. "Thanks, Babe. You're the best." Matt smiles then gives you another kiss. You dry your hair and straighten it then put on a dress that's white on top and has a pattern at the bottom. Matt gets out of the shower and puts on his suit. After he does that then the doorbell rings.

"They're here. Are Nash and Cam here?" Matt asks. "Yeah. They're dressed up too." You say. "Good." Matt answers the door. "Hi, mom. Hey, dad." "Hello, Matthew." His mom didn't sound happy at all. "Come sit down." Matt gestures to the living room. Then his mom says, "We need to talk, alone. The four of us." She looks at Nash, Cam, and Carter. "Oh, we'll leave for a while." Carter says. After they leave, Matt's mom says. "Is this true?" "Yes." Matt says. "Are you going to move back to Virginia with us when the baby is born?" "No. We're staying here." "Matthew. You can't support a child here." "We can and we will." Matt says very calmly. "Then you will not keep this baby." His dad chimes in. "Dad!" Matt yells. "Matthew! You're not even married to this girl! If you were, that would be a whole other story!" "That's not fair!" Matt screams. "Think what you want." His mom says. "So we would be able to keep this baby if we were married?" "Yes, why?" Matt sat there for a minute, quiet. "Where are you going with this, Matthew?" His dad asks. "I'll be right back." Matt runs upstairs and grabs something then comes back down. Then he stands you up. At that time Cam, Nash, and Carter walk in. Matt turns to you and kneels down on one knee and pulls out a ring. "I was saving this for the future but I guess this is the future so, why not? Will you marry me?"