Chapter Fourteen

"Umm..." You start. "It'll probably be a couple years before we get serious like marriage, but umm." You couldn't really think of anything els to say. Matt looked so nervous. His dad sat there smiling. He tried to make you and Matt nervous and scared and it worked. You didn't want to freak out Matt by talking about marriage but you didn't want his dad to be as satisfied as he is. "We never know what the future will hold. We are still young and we have plenty of time to think about that later on." You finish. "Okay. That's all I needed to hear. You are excused from the table." His dad said.

You and Matt head up to your room quickly. "That was intense." Matt said. "Yeah, for me! I had to answer the questions!" You laugh. "You did great." He said. Matt came over and kissed you. His hand placed on the back of your neck and you ran your hand through his hair, tugging his hair just slightly because you knew he loved that. "We should go to the movies." He said finally. "Okay." You agree.

You and Matt are at the theatre. The lights go down and just like before, Matt grabbed your hand and held it during the entire movie. On your way back home you notice Matt's face was scrunched. It looked like he was thinking really hard about something. You just wondered what.

You get home and Matt sits you down. Then he said something you were not expecting at all. "I was thinking." He said. "Maybe we should talk about our future together." You were not expecting that at all. Especially coming from Matt.