Chapter 18

Avery's POV.

It's 17th of February and school is putting itself back together. It started snowing again on the 4th of February. I'm starting to think there's really something wrong with our weather here. First, it didn't snow for more than a decade, then it suddenly decides to snow this year. Secondly, why the hell is it fluctuating?

"Bye Avery." Isla and Kyle said in unison as they left the door for school.

"Bye guys." I called out to them.

"Take care, Avery." Mum said, kissing my forehead before grabbing her keys and leaving with Isla and Kyle.

"I will, bye".

I turned back to my cup of coffee and took a sip of it.

My lips instantly curled in disgust as I swallow the cold coffee.

I could have sworn it was hot just seconds ago. I ended up abandoning it.

Few minutes later, there was a knock on the door.

Knowing it's Val, I grabbed my back pack, gloves and jacket off the table as I went to open the door.

As predicted, I found Valerie at my doorstep, her eyes glued to her phone.

"Hello!! Val, back to earth." I said, snapping my fingers in her face as I stepped out and shut the door behind me, locking it.

She finally looked up. "Hey Aves, what's up?"

"I'm gr—"

"You would not believe what's happening today after school." She said, cutting me off as we started our trek.

"Why ask when you're not going to let me respond?" I mumbled. "Anyway, what's happening?"

"Well, we're having practice today for the game against St Roosevelt college." She exclaims excitedly.

"Why is that so hard to believe?" I asked, slowing down my steps and glancing at her, making her huff loudly.

"I just expected you to be a bit more excited about our actual first game." She pointed out.

Now it was my turn to huff loudly. I stopped walking and so did she.

"Yayy!! Ohmygosh!!! Our first actual game. I am so flattered, I'm going to faint..catch me, Val" I sarcastically exclaimed in a high pitched girly voice, holding the back of my hand against my forehead like a fairytale fainting scene.

She caught me as I fell backwards before pushing me back up to regain my balance.

"Dumbass." she said as we both started laughing, continuing our trek.

~~~~~~~

"I've got chemistry."

"Literature." Val said.

"See you later?"

"Definitely." she agreed as we separated to our various classes.

I walked into my class and took a seat at the back of the classroom, to the left, next to the window. The room was barely filled and I was about ten minutes early so I grabbed my airpods from my back pack and plugged them in, listening to lemonade by internet money, gunma and don toliver while watching the view outside the window.

Few minutes later, I felt a weight drop down beside me. I immediately turned, removing the pods from both of my ears as I made contact with Ryan's —uh..i don't know what color—coloured eyes.

To be honest, the colour is unexplainable. It looked like a combination of yellow, gold and really light brown.

"Sup." He greeted smiling cheekily and generously at me.