Chapter 20

Ian's POV.

I tried. I really tried to focus on the streets but it's so hard when she's leaning on me, the contact her body made with mine and our close proximity.

We arrived at the venue. Hallelujah, I managed to not get us killed with my lack of focus.

I stopped the motorcycle and she got out.
I did too, and when I looked at her, I almost burst out laughing.

"Woah, that was pretty narley. Let's do it again". She exclaimed excitedly.

"Again?" I asked not sure I heard her properly.

She frantically nodded her head.

"No that can't happen." I shook my head.

She instantly pouted.

Damn she's cute.

I looked at her hair and immediately felt like laughing again.

Somehow, her hair always gets pretty messed up quickly. Strands were literally sticking out all over.

I motioned to her hair.

"Oh shit." She cursed, when she got the message as she started running her hands through her hair trying to detangle it.

She did that for a few minutes while I watched her.

When she gave up, I reached for the comb in my hair and handed it over to her.

"See, you never know when you're going to need it." I stated.

She narrowed her eyes at me before accepting the comb.

She successfully straightened out her hair and handed it back to me.
"Thanks."

Now she didn't put it back in a ponytail, just left it running down her back.

"Sure." I said sticking it back in my hair which made her roll her eyes.

For some reason, she always had something against that habit.

"What's this place anyway?" She turned an examined the building.

"An ice rink." I said and looked over at her as we headed towards the entrance.

"We're going ice skating?"

"Yeah."

"Again, it's not too late to decide to go out with yourself." She said.

"And again, what on Earth do you mean?" I asked as we entered the ice rink.

"I can't ice skate. I've never done it before."

We walked towards the paraphernalia shelf and rented two skates, elbows and knee pads.

I turned to face her and handed her one of the skates.

"When I saw you by yourself at sunset dock, had you ever listened to me? No, but you tried and how'd that turn out?" I asked rhetorically. "Had you ever made calamari rings with me? Nope. But, you tried and—okay that one's a bad example." I  said, when I remembered how I almost burnt down the house, making her laugh.

"Had you ever tried being my P.A, nope but that turned out great too. Had you ever tried going out with me? Yet here we are. Have you ever tried ice skating? Maybe no, but I already know you're a natural." I finished and started fastening the pads.

"Okay, nice pep talk." she said, amused. "But that changes nothing."

"Don't worry, you'll be fine."

"I doubt that."