Chapter 7

Valerie's POV.

I sat in the coffee shop, waiting for Avery. After what happened at the movies a day ago. Avery and I haven't talked and I feel really bad about it. I texted her to meet me here and she agreed but it's been a while since I got here and there's no sign of Avery.

I heard someone come in as the door hit the bell at the top of it. I turned around and saw it was Ava. She immediately walked over to me when she saw me.

"Hey Ava. What's up?" I said casually.

"I'm good. And what are you doing here?"

"I'm just waiting for Avery, we needed to talk."

"Oh, Candace told me you guys had kind of a fight, she didn't elaborate. Don't worry it's gonna be fine." She said, really rapidly.

I sighed at the thought of Candace being a loud mouth.

I took a moment to look at her. She was wearing a white crop top and black baggy jeans, matching it with white vans. Typical Ava, she was a fashionista and she did come from a wealthy family but I just loved her style.

She even uses her younger sister as a junior model. Sometimes I wonder if she pisses her twin brother, Xavier, with fashion too. The girl was a total fashion addict.

She sat down opposite me and leaned in causing her brown ombre hair to spill on the sides of her face. "What was it all about? How did it start?" She asked looking at me with different colored eyes, a case of heterochromia iridis.

"Well......." I trailed off as I heard the door open again.

Avery came in and walked over to our table the minute she spotted us.

"Hey Val, Ava." she said, sitting opposite me, thereby bumping into Ava playfully, making her adjust.

"Listen, we need to talk. I'll go first. I'm so sorry for everything that happened at the movies. I totally overreacted and acted like a jerk. Can you please forgive me?"

I blinked twice. I didn't believe she was blaming herself for my bad.

"What are you saying? I'm the one who messed up and acted like a jerk. I shouldn't have tried to pair you up with Ian in the first place. Can you please forgive me?"

"Both of you, shut up." Ava suddenly said, slightly yelling. "You two are good friends. Avery, you're forgiven. Val, you're also forgiven, now can we quit this shit and do something fun?"

Moment of silence.

"Energetic much." Avery mumbled, Making us laugh.

Now we were all smiling. I'm just glad everything was back to normal and that it took less than a minute, I guess.

Avery's Pov

"How about we head to the mall?" Ava suggested.

"I'm sorry, I have to babysit my siblings. You guys should go on without me." I said, standing to leave.

"Seriously, such a shame. You'll be all by yourself and you'll be lonely." Ava said, feigning pity.

"No. I actually won't be lonely." I said, a bit confused by her reply.

Right before someone walked in. We turned towards the direction of the door.

He walked in.

Ian.

"Looks like God sent you a guardian angel." Ava smiled mischievously, turning back to face me.

"What are you talking about?" I said, hoping she wasn't gonna say what I was thinking she was gonna say.