Chapter 13

Avery.

I couldn't cover much ground with just socks so I stopped chasing him.

"Ian seriously, give me back my shoes." I whined, causing a smile to play on his lips.

I glanced at the wristwatch on my wrist.
"It's getting late, I need to go back home and you certainly do not expect me to go back wearing only socks."

"Nah, I don't expect that." He said, walking closer to me, spinning my green bear key holder on his finger.

"Good, because-"

"I've got a better idea." he said smirking mischievously before lifting me up and throwing me over his shoulders causing my hair to spill all over his back from the loose bun.

"Ian, put me down!!" I yelled, pounding my fists on his back.
Instead he walked over to his car, unlocked it and put me in the back seat.

God so help me, Ian, I am going to strangle you to death.

"Hey!!" I yelled again.

He walked over to the other side and got into the driver's seat, starting off the car.

"You know, you're not my driver." I said, climbing my way into the passenger's seat.

He glanced over at me, looking at me like I'm a crazy animal that just escaped from a jungle.

I know I probably look like a grizzly bear with my black and brown hair spilled all over my face.

See, this is why I always keep it in a ponytail or bun.

"Now, give me back my shoes." I said, trying to get it from his hand while the other hand was on the steering wheel. He kept on moving it away from my reach.

"Ian!" I yelled out his name in annoyance

"Violet!" He yelled back copying my tone.

"I swear, you are sick in the head." I said through gritted teeth.

"I know, right?" He says making me narrow my eyes at him.

For reals, I'm starting to think that this guy actually escaped from an assylum.

I gave up trying to get the Jordans from him and just sat there, wearing only socks on my feet.

Half way through the ride he took of his army camouflage hoodie -which I happen to have falling in love with- and threw it at the back seat. Instantly, an idea popped into my head.

You want my Jordans that bad? Well, I want that hoodie that bad.

I reached for the hoodie in the back seat and grabbed it.

"Aha!!. Now I've got your hoodie, now I've got your hoodie....." I sing in triumph, moving my hands in a circular motion in form of victory dance.

He glanced at me and noticed me, causing him to burst out laughing, his very emerald green eyes flushing with amusement and locks of dark hair falling over his eyes.

Goddamn, Ian's gorgeous.

"Jeez, violet, you crack me up." He said raking his hands through his hair, pushing the locks backward which fell back over.

I noticed him stare at my hair. That's when I realized it was still loose. I immediately wrapped it back into a bun.

"Why do you always put your hair in a bun?". He asked, making a turn.

"Why do you always have a comb in your hair?" I asked back.

He bit his lower lip holding in a smirk. "You're answering a question with a question." He stated.

"Exactly."

The atmosphere fell silent, before he broke it.

"About the Personal assistant stuff..."

"Not happening." I cut him off, resting my head on the window.

"C'mon. Why not?"

"I don't want to. I don't know how to." I complained.

"You don't have to know how to do anything. I trust you'll be a natural."

"Why do you say that?" I said, staring at the view outside the window, not wanting to gaze into a pair of hypnotic green eyes, which were probably boring a hole in my head now.

"Because I know you're a natural." He paused then from the corner of my eye, I saw him take a plastic bottle from the compartment, open it and put a pill in his mouth.

I looked at him with disappointment. Did he really have to do drugs?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please vote and comment if you want🙏 And I'm sorry for another really short chapter.