Chapter 12

"I thought that we were meant to be. You took my heart and made it bleed. I gave you all my ecstasy. I know you'll be the death of me"

Ian's POV.

It's Tuesday.
I've got practice with Violet after school hours, we mostly don't have classes together except during recess, Calculus and geography. I informed her of the time we were gonna meet. Of course, she argued. She never agreed at the end though. She said, nobody tells her what time to come for practice.

When it was 3:30, I started getting ready for practice and headed to Astros field.
Temperature had dropped so I put on a black shirt and an army camouflage hoodie over it and black jeans with white Dior Jordans.

I used my car to get there. When I arrived, I found her playing by herself which made me impressed.

I got down and walked over to the corner of the court watching her play.

When she scored six times in a row, I started applauding and hyping her, making crowd wave noises thereby grabbing her attention.

She quickly turned around, shocked, before speaking.

"Nice timing, leprechaun."

"Leprechaun?"

She ignored me and went to get the ball.

"For some reason, I'm just gonna act like I didn't hear that." I said and walked over to where she was standing.

"Let's just practice." She said warming up.

***********

After an hour of practice, we took a break, sitting on a green bench a bit far from the court.

"Sometimes, I wonder why you need coaching, you're already that good of a basketball player."

"Thanks." she said pushing locks of black and brown hair out of her face".

"Did you play anywhere apart from here?"
I asked, facing her squarely, while she sat criss- cross facing me.

"Not that I know of." she opened her water bottle and drank from it.

"What do you mean not that you kno-"

"Can we please switch topics." She said immediately, cutting me off."

I glared at her, trying to figure her out. if there's anything I've noticed out of the many, she's very vague about her life.

"Of course."

"Thank you." she said quietly with her head down.

I knew I had to lighten her mood.

"Uh...what are your hobbies?" I asked with a different countenance, showing enthusiasm.

"Okay, I think they're plenty."

"Cool, let's hear it."

"First, I love hanging out with friends and fam. I love playing sports. I love singing but for some reason it hates me."

"What?" I ask confused, making her laugh, causing me to smile."

"Yes, singing hates me. I sound like a depressed elephant."

I burst out laughing and she joined in.

"Nah, it can't be that bad."

"Whatever you say, Ian. In general, I just like having fun."

"Really?"

"Yeah. What?" She asked standing up and walking away.

"If people don't really know you, they'll think you're more of irksome than fun."

She froze, at where she stood, few meters away from me. She turned around and glared at me.
"Did you just call me irksome?" She said as I stood up. She looked like she was ready to murder me.

"I....I.. don't know why I said that, I'm really sorry, please don't kill me." I pleaded, knowing her capabilities.

She bounced the ball a couple of times before throwing it at me. I caught it in between my hands before she took of her left Jordan and threw it at me, I dodged it.

But she took of the other the one and threw it directly at my stomach.

"Ouch." I groaned feeling the Jordan hit me where the pain bleeds from. I crouched holding my side before looking at her jump triumphantly.

"You seem to be enjoying this." I stated as she stopped rejoicing and focused her attention on me.

"Ian, are you okay?" Her voice dripping with concern.

"Yeah." I lied. "Just know- ow- I'm keeping this" I held up her pair of purple, White and black Jordans and managed to straighten up.

She looked horrified and gasped.

"You dare not-"

"Be my guest." I ran off with her shoes in my hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
🙏Click👇🌟

Love y'all.