Chapter 16.

Avery.

"I knew I could count on you. Thanks for not letting me down." Is the first thing Ian said when he started the car.

I want to say, 'you're welcome' but a stubborn side of me wants to counter him and start off a quarrel.

So instead I just shut my mouth and say nothing.

The ride was quite quiet. Half an hour later, we arrived at a black huge gate.

He stepped out and I do same immediately.

When I came out, I found him standing at my door like I just cut him off from opening it for me. He just sighed and shook his head, a small smile on his lips.

His smile burst into a hearty laughter when he noticed the sketchers on my feet.

"Wow, violet." he says still laughing.

"What? You're not the only one with a good sense of fashion." I taunted, jokingly.

"I can see that." he said as he walked to the main gate which opened up as soon as it scanned his hand print.

The gates closed up as soon as we were in.

I looked up and made contact with a white, huge–scratch that–, humongous building.

It had Landrick's Corp written in calligraphy on it and is about the size of a skyscraper.

It wasn't even in the shape of a normal building, it had a unique figure from the buildings around it. The architect really did an amazing job with this building.

To the side, there was a garage housing a fleet of cars. I wondered why Ian chose to park his car outside.

I didn't notice how long I stood staring until Ian grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him to the main entrance.

On seeing Ian, the door guy immediately opened the glass doors.

"Good morning, young sir, ma'am."

Ma'am?. I'm seventeen not forty and Ian is just eighteen.

"You mean Ian, Matthew". Ian said, politely as he pulled him into a hug. "This is vio–, I mean..Avery."

"Nice to meet you ma'—"

"Avery." I interrupt him extending my hand for a hand shake, instead he pulled me into a hug too. "Nice to meet you too." I said and he nodded in acknowledgement.

"Mr. Wayne is already here. I guess he's waiting for you on the 4th floor." The door guy, Matthew said, letting me go.

"Thanks Matthew. We'll see you around." Ian said before leaving him.

I looked around the room as we walked to the elevator.

There were people around doing different things. A guy was talking to the receptionist. A lady was sitting on the couch with a magazine, another was using her tablet, while a younger lady was watching the view outside from the glass windows.

We entered the elevator and Ian pressed the button taking us to the 4th floor.

"Wow, this place is amazing." I said, once the doors of the elevator were shut, resting my back on the elevator, slightly flinching at the contact the cold metal made with my bare shoulders.

"I know, right? There's a lot I have to show you." He said, from opposite me.

"Who in their right state of mind would turn down the chance to be the next owner of this company." I said, looking anywhere else but his eyes.