Chapter 19

Dedicated to Fayvhor44

Avery's POV

Normally, I didn't have a problem with picking out an outfit but here I was hyperventilating with Valerie for different reasons each.

I'm hyperventilating because I've never been on a date with anyone and now I was about to go on one with the person I used to call my enemy.

On the other hand, Valerie is hyperventilating because she's sort of excited for me and she's screaming, "she's a girl. She's an actual girl going on an actual date. Hallelujah!", running around the place.

Should I be offended?

"Valerie!" I yelled her name, stopping her in her tracks. "I'm hyper. You're hyper. Who's going to help who?"

She looked at me wide eyed before exhaling.

"You're right. I'm going to help you." She said and made her way towards my closet while I sat on the bed as she threw various ideas of clothing on me.

********

It took quite a while but I settled on a pair of black jeans and a grey t-shirt. I packed my hair in a shorter Bob ponytail I learnt from a life hack.

By the time I was done it was already few minutes past 7:00 and Ian was already here.

After few minutes of chats between my parents and Ian, we left.

When I stepped outside, the first thing I saw was his jet black motorcycle and I instantly felt the urge to turn around, change into comfy clothes and binge watch Legacy or empire because there was absolutely no way I was going to ride that.

I let out a small sarcastic laughter. "It's not too late to decide to go out with yourself."

He looked at me and raised a brow, confused.

"I'm not riding that danger."

When I said that, his usual genuine smile made its way on his lips.

He shook his head, turned away and murmured under his breath, "I have the most local girlfriend yet."

"What did you say?" I asked even if I heard what he said clearly.

"Mmm?" He turned back to me like he didn't know what I was talking about but he's smile —which eventually broke into a laughter —gave it away.

Don't hit him with your shoe. Don't hit him in the guts. Don't kill him.

"I'm sorry. But first, nice name. I think I'm gonna name it danger."

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Secondly, why won't you ride it?" He asked walking closer to me.

"Are you kidding me? I don't wanna die yet."

"Everything's going to be fine." He said reassuringly

I folded my hands, still not sure I wanted to do this.

"I promise." he added, holding out his hand for me to take.

After a long hard thought, "Fine." I said, walking around him purposely leaving his outstretched hand hanging.

"I swear, you have a problem." He said, amused as he walked behind me.

"Details to follow, lean in the same direction with me, hold on tight, and most importantly," He took a helmet and placed it on my head buckling it. "Safety."

"I thought you promised everything was going to be fine. Why do you still have to ensure safety."

"Just in case." He shrugged

"So you're not sure everything is going to be fine, then?" I argued.

"I am. I'm not a kid, I can ride this." He rolled his eyes.

"You're eighteen." I said.

"Exactly. You know what? Don't wear the helmet if you don't want to. Suit yourself." He said as he got on the motorcycle.

I handed the helmet back to him and hopped on danger.

I wrapped my hands around his torso, leaned on his shoulder, inhaling his nice cologne and whispered in his ear.
"Remember, you promised."

In his head, he's probably like, why not just wear the damn helmet if you're unsure about being safe?

He turned to look at me with a narrowed expression, now leaving our faces only inches apart for a few seconds before he turned back to face the road, shaking his head.

"You're probably wondering what kind of a creature I am. The fun fact is, I know you love me that way."

I whispered and watched a shy smile play on his lips as he bit them at the same time, leaving him cuter than he already was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

__Laere