Chapter 3

"Sweet as sugar, hard as ice. Hurt me once, I'll kill you twice"

Dedicated to @Nellymilleyrose

Avery.

Remember when I thought everything made me happy this morning?, I change my mind.

I sat still there with my head buried on my legs silently screaming to myself.

I felt someone sit beside me, I didn't even bother looking to know who it was.

"I know. I know. It's hard to deal with someone this gorgeous." He said patting my back.

I shot my head up and-yes- my instincts were right.

"You wish you were gorgeous, you.......huge Ego-leach rubbish." I said, got up and walked away, distancing myself from him and backing him. I knew what I said didn't making any sense but it sure would help him get the message on his bloated ego.

"I'm not a dictionary kinda person but I'm a hundred percent sure there's no such word. Don't worry, you'll thank me later."

"Can your ego grow any bigger?"

I heard him exhale, then he didn't say anything for a couple of seconds and I relished in the silence.

"I'm Ian Landrick, what's your name?"

I literally jumped and turned around at the sound of his voice directly behind me. His voice was low and soft.

yet, i jumped.

I closed my eyes and exhaled loudly.

"One," I raised a finger,"I didn't ask for your name. Two," I raised a second finger. "Don't you ever try that again."

"Try what? Asking for your name?" He asked with an innocent look on his face.

Of course he'd act like he had no idea what I was talking about.

I didn't reply him.

Besides, he already knows my name. He literally heard Coach call me by it so why the hell is he acting like he doesn't know it.

I guess the popular hot Ian is also stupid!

"Fine, violet. No need to be so jumpy." He said, laughing.

He was aware, very aware of what he was doing and he kept on doing it like it was normal.

"What did you call me?" I said, narrowing my eyes at him, backing a few steps away from him.

He stepped forward, I stepped backward.

"Hey, I'm not gonna kill you."

I rolled my eyes at him. He rolled his eyes back at me.

What sort of creature is this?

"Practice at 4, Monday, Astros field." He said and walked past me.

I stood there, my expression displaying utter confusion.

Who does he think he is to call when and where we practice?

And the fact that he didn't answer my question regarding what he called me made me even angrier.

I spun around when he was halfway to the exit.

"You didn't answer my question!" I yelled at him.

He turned around, now walking backwards.
"Violet. I called you violet. Get used to it, that's how it's gonna be from now on."

It pricked my skin that he was acting like he was the boss over me, telling me what to get used to and what to not

I'll show him who's boss.