Chapter 14

"Please don't break my heart, don't tear me apart. I know how it starts, trust me I've been broken before."

Avery's POV.

I looked over at him and our eyes met, I quickly shifted my gaze back to the window.

"What?" He asked keeping his eyes on the road as he swallowed the pill without having to use water.

"You do drugs?" I said without hesitation, looking at him directly.

"What? No. No—wait, what?, Why would you think that?" He asked, frowning.

My eyes travelled from his eyes to the plastic bottle in his hand then back to his eyes.

He started laughing again when he realized my assumptions.

I wonder what made him so fond of laughing. Life really isn't that funny, infact it's not funny at all.

Or maybe my part isn't funny unlike his. He has absolutely nothing to worry about.

"These are medications, not hard drugs." He said still laughing and referring to the bottle.

That's when it hit me.

Oh yeah. He's got ulcer.

God, I feel so stupid, jumping into conclusions.

Wait, if he's taking the pills that means......

"Oh my God, Ian. Are you hurt?" I said turning to face him completely.

I noticed him tense up before focusing on the road.

"No, I'm fine. Thanks."

"You're lying."

"What? No. I'm really okay. What makes you think I'm not?"

"Because, you've got ulcer, and my Jordans must have done damage when I threw it at you."

He pulled over, parked the car and narrowed his eyes at me.
"I don't have ulcer. Whoever told you that?"

"Don't lie to me, son. You had to be popular, so a good number of people know a lot about you."

"Right. That fact." He said under his breath, with fake enthusiasm, relaxing back on the chair, letting his hands slip down the steering wheel.

"So....are you hurt?" I asked again.

"No." He sighed then a smile played at his lips. "Does this mean that if I was hurt, you'd care?"

I relaxed back on the seat. "Nope, I just don't want your blood to be on my hands."

I noticed his smile turn upside down as I tried to stop myself from laughing. He turned back into the streets and continued driving, silently.

I knew he was actually hurt and was lying. The worst part was, I didn't know what to do about it.

"You know what? Violet, you are following me to that company as my P.A -–" he said, raising his voice a bit, switching topics.

"And why would I agree to being someone else's personal assistant. You can't boss me around, you know."

"I've said it before. It's because you're in love with me." He said, without looking at me, with a confident smirk on his face.

I sighed dramatically.

"Son, you're just making matters worse for yourself."

"What is with you and calling me 'son'" he said as if he's vexed about it, yet amusement is evident in his voice and he has a small smile on.

I shrugged in response as he stopped the car in my driveway. He unlocked the car, making me hurry out before he gets to my door to open it.

I gave him a grateful smile, before turning serious.

"Don't come. You'll be disappointed."

"I know you won't let me down." He said walking me to the front door which he didn't have to but decided to do it anyways.

I rolled my eyes at him. "You know you didn't have to walk me to my front door, right?"

"I know."

"Thanks for the forced ride anyway."

"Don't mention it. See you tomorrow." he said, walking to the car.

"Don't come. You'll get disappointed!!" I yelled as he drove off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Votes and comments are appreciated. Thank you.

-Laere💖