Chapter 8

"I will come running when you call my name. Even a broken heart can beat again. Forget about the one who caused you pain. I swear I'll love you in a different way".

Dedicated to cammila kard.

Avery's POV

"So, I'm going to give you guys a lil warning. I am horrible at charades, like bad horrible." I said and it's true. Anyone who's teamed up with me ends up losing.

"I doubt you're that bad." Ian said.

"Don't doubt. Believe." I warned, being certainly sure about myself.

"It's true. She's the worst." Kyle said. "Which is why you guys are on the same team."

"Dude c'mon seriously. You paired me with the worst charades player on Earth?" Ian whispered to Kyle.

How dare he? The only person authorized to classify me as the worst charades player on Earth, was me. No one else.

I picked up the nearest sofa pillow and threw it at him.

Kyle, Isla and Ian started laughing. Mostly Ian's usual. I shot him a death glare then he stopped laughing even if it was very obvious, he was trying hard not to laugh.

"Okay. So movies charades or plain charades." Isla asked.

Everyone was in for movies charades so we went with that.

"Okay, the rules are simple. Your team mate gets four guesses only. The mime at the moment gets to give out the number of letters in the words he or she is trying to describe as a hint without saying a word. If you fail to guess the word your team mate is describing in four trials, a bonus is awarded to your opponent to try to figure out the word and if your opponent can't get it in four trials, your team mate is given the chance to guess again and so on and so forth. Everyone got that?" Isla said.

"Yeah."

"I'll go first". Kyle said getting up to his feet.

*************

We quit the game about an hour later and of course Ian and I lost.

I checked the time on my cellphone.

9:10

"I think it's time for bed." I said to Isla and Kyle.

"Already?" Isla yawned

"I'm not even sleepy yet?" Kyle said.

"I don't care if you're sleepy or not. If you don't get to bed now, tomorrow you're going to get up really late." I said. "And I don't want to deal with that." I added.

"Fine. Good night Ian." Isla and Kyle said.

My jaw dropped open. They couldn't even tell ME 'good night'.

"Excuse me?!"

I looked at Ian and noticed he was laughing.
"Night Isla, Kyle."

"So, now you turn my siblings against me?" I said when they were both in their rooms.

"I didn't do anything. I mean, you're the one sending them to bed by 9pm. That's way too early." He was still smiling. He had an innocent and genuine smile. It made him more adorable.

It's not bad to compliment your enemy right?

Right?

"Mum says curfew is by 9:00. I can't do anything about it. Besides, they're just kids." I said and walked to the kitchen and started warming some popcorn in the microwave.