Chapter 26

Ian's POV.

I walked into the school's arena where the game was meant to take place and immediately got stares from everyone. I'm talking parents, teachers, students from Roosevelt, guests and even my teammates.

"Landrick, are you out of your mind? Where on Earth have you been?" Coach asked angrily as I came up to where the team stood, stretching out.

"And where's Avery?" He continued.

"She can't come." I answered, a bit nervous.

Even if she really wanted to. Earlier, when I stopped by the hospital, she almost threw a tantrum because I wouldn't let her come. I know this game means a lot to her but her health is far more important.

"What? Why?" Valerie questioned, stepping forward.

And everyone looked at me, waiting for a reasonable explanation.

I shifted my gaze to and fro from each and every one of them.

They all had the same look of worry on their faces.

"She's not feeling too well and she's in the hospital. We'll have to play without her." I managed to say without stuttering and Valerie gave me a knowing look like she knew exactly what I was talking about.

Coach and everyone else looked disturbed especially Candace who looked like she was going to die from nervousness.

Nevertheless, he managed to get every one back to normal with some words of encouragement as he picked someone to replace Violet.

And momentarily the game started.

*~*

The time was out and it was a really crappy game.

I have to say, students from Roosevelt's are bullies.

No kidding, they made the game seem more like a wrestling tournament than a basketball game, which it was and that sucked.

Though, our school still won.

And it was like a great achievement for the whole school as Roosevelt's was once classified as the unbeatable when it came to basketball games.

Everyone cheered and celebrated joyfully and it just made me wish Violet was here.

Then I had a brilliant idea, you know– like I always do.

"Hey, Coach." I called out, distancing myself from the celebrating students a little.

"Yes?" He said, handing the trophy to Ryan before turning to me with a cheerful smile on his face.

"Why don't we go visit Violet in the hospital, right now?"

"That's a great idea." Ryan said tossing the trophy carelessly to Ava, as coach turned to face him.

"I'm sorry, Violet?" Coach asked confused.

"Avery. He meant Avery." Val said, shaking her head as they all laughed yet agreed.

"Why not then?" Coach said, more than excited as he led the way to the van.

The van was noisy on the way to the hospital as everyone was singing and screaming along with the music from the radio of the van, which happened to be ' congratulations ' by Quavo and Post Malone.

It was a thirty minutes drive to the hospital and when we arrived, every single one of them scrambled out of the van and literally barged into the hospital. No permission, no questions. Nada.

They were all searching for the room she was in yet causing ado in the hospital.

"I found her!" Ryan yelled, pointing to Violet's room and they all followed his directions, leaving coach and I to apologise to the workers on their behavior.

Soon enough, coach and I joined them in her ward.

They were all sitting around her and making conversations with her.

I didn't fail to notice her eyes turn teary as they consoled her.

I knew, she just felt happy and lucky to have such friends that care about her.

"You should hold this." Ava said, giving her the trophy. "After all, it's our victory."

"Sure." Violet said with a smile on her face.

"When are you going to be discharged?" Val asked.

"In a few days time."

"Good. I miss you already, eerie" Ryan said, making her laugh.

Everything went well but we eventually had to leave. I stayed a little longer. Just talking about random things and making jokes with her.

When I left the hospital it was past eight. I just made sure to pray she gets a whole lot better and recovers fully, before I went to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Before you say anything, yes I totally agree. This chapter is really short, but I'm facing serious writer's block so....reason with me?... Please?

Stay Amazentastic ❤️

Love y'all.

_laere.