Chapter 2

"Yesterday's not ours to recover but tommorow is ours to win or lose."

Dedicated to Ice vanilocory1

Ian Landrick

"It's really not gonna be that tough, it's against girls."

"What if these girls trained non-stop last night and are fired up for the match." My mum said, poured celery blend into an empty glass and slid it to me on the counter beside the plate of eggs and bacon.

"Seriously, mum, I thought we dropped this off last year." I said motioning to the glass of greens. I wasn't a vegetables kinda person. I despised them a lot, But I had a health fanatic as a mother.

She made my dad and I drink beetroot blend throughout last year. On new year's Eve, she said we were done with beetroot juice - best news I'd heard that year. Little did I know she was planning phase two.

I curled my lip in disgust at the sight of it.

"Ian, you know veggies are good for your bones." She said dropping her hands on her hips and giving me that 'are-you-disobeying-your mother?' look

Instead of compelling me to drink it, it actually made me burst out laughing.

"That really changes nothing." I said when I was done laughing. The look was just too funny coming from her.

I can't wait to leave their house. That'll mean no more disgusting vegetables. I've been waiting my whole life for that day. I worked out the cash for the last two years to get myself an apartment. But they just won't let me leave. I don't know what kind of parents won't let their son leave their apartment to his. My dad optioned to put himself in the position of buying the apartment for me but I insisted on working it out myself. They own the biggest companies doesn't mean that I have to live off their hardwork.

"Guess who's got a new ride." My dad said as he entered the kitchen, dressed in a tuxedo.

I turned around to look at him.
"Cool, dad, you've got your fourth car". I said and realized that it really wasn't necessary. "Why?"

"Who said I was talking about myself, son? Check it out in the garage. You turned 18 so I figured you'd be old enough to drive."

I straightened up after I heard him "Are you serious?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Thanks Dad." I said excitedly before walking up to him and hugging him to show appreciation.

"I'm gonna go check it out." I said and immediately left the house to the garage.

No doubts, I loved that my dad got me a car but I'm also eighteen enough to live on my own.

Cool. It was an Audi Quattro. White in color and sleek.

I stared at it, excited not just because he got me a car but also because, he finally believes that I'm old enough to get entitled to some certain things.

I was still admiring it when someone wheeled past me on a bicycle, swerved to the left with pressure, causing tons of the damp snow from the road to end up on me.

What the hell?!

The culprit got off her bicycle and walked over to a ginger furred cat sitting in the middle of the street without feeling remorse.

I narrowed my eyes at her. Couldn't she at least apologise?

I watched as she picked the cat up and kept it on the opposite sidewalk. It looked like she was....talking to it?